Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share, since I'm still confused by Event B.

Event A: pulling into residence hall parking lot, and a girl on a road bicycle trying to turn wipes out right in front of me. She's alright, but she states that she was just frustrated and wasn't thinking when making the turn.

Event B: a 'mommy-Lexus' SUV (the RX330?) has stalled at a traffic light and the passenger is pushing the vehicle backwards to the side of the road. Myself, my friend on his motorcycle in front of me, and another samaritan help her push the SUV to the curb. I noticed (since we were pushing it backwards) that the right light was an HID headlight assembly with HID bulb while the left light was a regular reflector headlight assembly with halogen bulb. The two people in the car say that they already called for help, but I can't imagine what went wrong with the car, and I was confused by the headlight difference (and assumed that it was probably replaced after an accident). Not sure if it was the hybrid version or not (since it was 11:15pm or so) but I am having my doubts.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
weird...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Event B can be explained as such:

After accident, crappy car repair shop replaces expensive HID assembly/ bulb with cheap Taiwan knockoff of regular reflector, then charges owner and insurance company for $2000 OEM HID reflector, assumes stereotypical Lexus owner does not look at car much :hyst: I'd make a great shyster I think..... :calvin:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ajax said:
Event B can be explained as such:

After accident, crappy car repair shop replaces expensive HID assembly/ bulb with cheap Taiwan knockoff of regular reflector, then charges owner and insurance company for $2000 OEM HID reflector, assumes stereotypical Lexus owner does not look at car much :hyst: I'd make a great shyster I think..... :calvin:
It was definitely a reflector assembly and not a projector bulb with the wrong bulb, so your theory sounds more accurate (and rather sneaky, haha)

Ajax: EC member by day, body shop con by night

1 - 7 of 7 Posts