Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had my sync updated to v2.0 so I set up the 911 Assist and Vehicle Health Report. I ran a VHR to see how it all worked. For those of you without this I thought it would be cool to show you what you see when you receive your report. Since the car is new and there are no problems, I'm guessing that what sync does here is checks for codes the same way a Diagnostic Code Reader does, deciphers those codes for you and sends a report to your syncmyride.com page through sync and your phone. It probably sends a copy to your preferred local dealer also. If so, I'm not exactly crazy about that part, but I feel like this is a valuable tool anyway, especially since I enjoy maintaining and working on my vehicles.

Well, anyway, here's the report. Kinda boring since there are no problems, (Good Thing!) and it is a way for Ford to sell things, coupons, etc,... But overall I think it's pretty impressive.

* I just thought of a couple other things I noticed when going through this process.

1. The engine must be running for at least 1 minute before it will allow you to run the VHR
2. The bars you see on the image below will drop down to show the detailed info when you click on them.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Cooool. I was wondering when this kind of thing would make it to the consumer level. Trucking fleets have had this kind of technology for years now. Drive through the service bay and the computer picks up what needs attention.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Nice!!!

I can't wait to see what Ford has in store for 2010 and 2011 models, right about the time that I'll be looking again.

:calvin:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I wish it could be ordered with a manual transmission!!!

:cuss:

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Fusion Hybrid and an Escape Hybrid at the moment. Lots of changes are on the way, though.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Fusion Hybrid and an Escape Hybrid at the moment. Lots of changes are on the way, though.
Ahem...you forgot to say or the Mariner Hybrid! :taz:

I want a new vehicle in 2010 but everytime I think about saying goodbye to the Dashariner I get so very sad. :(

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Dasha said:
jpark said:

I want a new vehicle in 2010 but everytime I think about saying goodbye to the Dashariner I get so very sad. :(
I don't know that you need to worry about replacing the Dashariner just yet...running fine, isn't it? ;)

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Dasha said:
jpark said:

Hello Dasha. Is there any particular model car, you would be trading in the Mariner for? :) Possibly the Hybrid Mariner? Or would that be one of your options?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.