Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 2.5 FWD Silver Escape
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Since my Escape was forced I will add an aftermarket alarm; so before I get into it, are there any things to consider with the PATS or anything that may cause me issues?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I posted some information on what PATS is. Short answer, no. Nothing needs to be done concerning PATS.

You may already have a Ford factory alarm. Simple test. Roll down a window. Lock vehicle with key or FOB. Reach in open window and open door from the inside. Did the alarm go off?

Font Rectangle Screenshot Software Number
Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel
Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Document

·
Registered
199 Posts
In the USA, people do not care about car alarms. Even in broad daylight thieves break in the car with alarm sounding loud and people around don't seem to care. I don't know in Honduras if people reacts the same way as the Americans. The only advice I can give to you is hide your belongings and put it somewhere it could not be seen like under the car seat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the USA, people do not care about car alarms. Even in broad daylight thieves break in the car with alarm sounding loud and people around don't seem to care. I don't know in Honduras if people reacts the same way as the Americans. The only advice I can give to you is hide your belongings and put it somewhere it could not be seen like under the car seat.
They do react down here luckly. My car has all tinted windows as thats common here for safety and because of heat and sun, so they still open them hoping to find something.
I usually hide the stuff, but it was a quick less than 5 minute thing and decided to just go out with cash in hand so I left my phone and wallet...
Now I know everything must be hidden no matter how short an errand is and already found a couple ideas to hide my stuff already.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Far I removed the door lock cylinder rod so if anyone elase tries to open the car because the cylinder is damaged they wont succeed; so now i also have to replace that too...
Im looking for aftermarket options to get the safest one possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts