Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blizzard 2009 dropped a record 14" of snow, but the drifts are 3-4' deep. So my lil escape is all nestled up in the garage...
Well the door faces north, it's a detached garage, so I now have a 3' drift (suprisingly it's about 5' away from the garage) that's 50' wide and surrounds the garage, and about 50' long.

So what do you think my chances are of getting my lil electric trucklet out?

Link to all pics http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/dd17/gadget-guy/Blizzard 2009/
And a video made with wife's new Flip Ultra HD (pretty neat gadget)

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I've gone through drifts that deep in FWD, but they were about 10' long and I had some speed going into it.

Give it a shot and pull it out with the school bus if necessary. :D

EDIT: We must have video.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, you've got a better chance with the Escape than with the Falcon! Always wanted a Ford Falcon Futura convertible...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yea, and she's in there front first, so it'll be electric only in reverse ;)

Luckily the wife was at work when it started, and made her come home early, good thing cause the Expedition got stuck in a drift in the driveway, but at least it's out of the garage!

Oh yea, Falcon "Betty" , is parked for the winter, sadly she now needs a new battery & new exhaust.

If I get brave, I'll have it videoed.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I wouldn't try it but I'm not much of a risk taker. :D I do want to say that I very much enjoyed viewing your pics and I LOVE your property.
Thanks for sharing those. :)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Colleen said:
I wouldn't try it but I'm not much of a risk taker. :D I do want to say that I very much enjoyed viewing your pics and I LOVE your property.
Thanks for sharing those. :)
Thanks Colleen. I oubt I'll try, I just would like to have an uhemm escape path (bad pun unintended) to get her out, in case of emergency. Wife & I work opposide shifts, so the other is home with the kids. If something were to happen (live in rural, so ambulance cold take a while to get here, esp with all the slip & fall calls) I'd feel better knowing we could get out & to a Dr or Hospital. Son was just diagnosed with asthma, luckily the Dr gave us all the meds we've had to go to the dr for and it seems to be seasonal related, so probaby trigged by fall alergies, so I think we'll be fine.

Bad news is, another round of snow is predicted to arrive Tue-Thur this week :shock: This blizzard was supposed to start out as rain at 8am (which it did, that's why wife was at work) then turn to wet/heavy snow for about 2-12" (each station had it's total, but all agreed on just snow). By noon it was blizzard like, one station basicly said, if you're not where you want/need to be for the next several days you need to get there NOW as in a few hours travel will be impossible! Which it was, hundrreds of cars were abondaned along the roadsides!

I'm from PA, used to snow in the winter, but this blizzard was wicked! And the worst part I only have 1 small shovel, no plow, blower, etc to help remove it all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts