Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am thinking about putting 03 Cobra wheels on my escape. Anyone with any ideas on offset and whether they should fit with spacers or anything like that?

VS

·
Registered
223 Posts
I know someone on here has swapped mustang wheels on, the torque thrust wheels or something like that, and it looked awesome, not sure about those wheels BUT if I had to guess, since they are mustang wheels, and the other set were mustang wheels... it's worth a shot, lol I'm trying to find the thread about the wheels for you.... hope you find out for sure!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Only issue that I can see with those or wheels like those is that the brake rotors and drums look very small with an open wheel design and shorter tire sidewalls. If you like them, what the heck. Get them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Only issue that I can see with those or wheels like those is that the brake rotors and drums look very small with an open wheel design and shorter tire sidewalls. If you like them, what the heck. Get them.
lol thats a reason to get a big brake kit :lol:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem Solved :drool:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Do we even have big brake kits for the Escape?

If you do get these wheels, you should paint your drums black. It always looks tacky when I see $1000+ wheels mounted to little rusty drums.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Squishy said:
Do we even have big brake kits for the Escape?

If you do get these wheels, you should paint your drums black. It always looks tacky when I see $1000+ wheels mounted to little rusty drums.
Or color match the wheels if they have painted surfaces...usually turns out just as good, if not better than black.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks good. Going to lower the vehicle at all? I'm not normally one for lowered SUV's, but I think those wheels would pull it off great.

On a side note, I wanted the 17" torque thrusts on my ranger (2wd) so bad.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
I'm with Squishy, paint the drums (and front calipers) black to make them less obtrusive. But go for it, I've seen a few Escapes with Bullitts on them so the 03 Cobra rims should look great!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Can I come out and play?

Did someone say lowered? :D

And a little splash of color to go with your tie. :lol:

I like 'em!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dasha's spoiler gave me this paint job Idea. Maybe it would work better if she painted her scape black?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Almost forgot the exhaust enhancement. I didn't have time to lower and add some meaty street tires to the photo. Nor would it really make sense too add these items seeing as I'm kinda off road in the photo.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Rmac said:
Almost forgot the exhaust enhancement. I didn't have time to lower and add some meaty street tires to the photo. Nor would it really make sense too add these items seeing as I'm kinda off road in the photo.
Is that twin pipe setup a knock off from a Audi TT? I have one outside (at work) with those duals and openings, so it looks very familiar.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts