Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2133&hilit=+hid#p45518

see a previous post i made about HIDs if you want my opinion

check this out as well

Advanced Automotive Concepts has been an Ebay Store since 1999 and has over 2000 positive feedbacks. the company you just posted has less than 200 feedbacks and doesnt have a "store front". if i knew nothing about HIDs, i'd buy from the guy who has the better store and most feedback. price doesnt matter to me. i want the best product. take my word from being the top 12volt accessory salesman @ an custom auto/aftermarket retail shop, DO NOT SKIMP ON HID KITS. The hassle you'll most likely encounter is not worth saving a few bucks. GT and Xtreme are the only 2 name brands i know of, aside from Oracle. and those 2 brands are crap. the main reason those are the only 2 names i know are because most other brands are so cheap that they don't even bother naming them.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
If you do get these I would be interested in how well they do work. I know that some people have had issues with flickering but that could be because of multiple reasons.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
What Scott just posted ^^^^. Flickering issues on some that have posted results.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think you're better off going with brighter bulbs. There's bulbs that are only a few watts more than stock that make a big difference in the brightnes. My roomates WRX looks like it throws better light with just silverstars (that's a whole different rant, i recomend getting REAL headlight bulbs from Osram, not the US versions) than my friends Altima with factory HID's. I've heard good things about http://www.rallylights.com for bulbs. The 07 uses H11 bulbs for low beam and H7 bulbs for high beam.
H7 bulbs: http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=1197
H11 55 watt bulbs: http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=2444

I would say get the 80 watt bulbs for some intense lighting, but i don't know if the stock harness would appreciate 25 extra watts of power for just the low beams. The 10watts over stock on the H7's shouldn't be a problem. FWIW I plan on running a pair of those exact H7 bulbs in my motorcycle come spring, so I'm not just pulling the suggestion out of my ***, it's something I'm looking foward to getting.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i got a hid kit for my vehicle and its awsome! 6000k. No flickering and still have drl. Came with a harness that goes directly to battery.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Please show us the kit you got.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i can put up pictures but how do i do that?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Upload them to photobucket and whne the pictures are there you will see a link that will be like:

Code:
[img]http://xyz.photobucket.com/ghy/andjayik/picture1.jpg[/img]
Just paste that code into the text box where you type your reply and that will put up a picture

·
Registered
679 Posts

Not the best pics, took them with my phone but the lights are extremly bright and have a slight blue to them at night and light up the road like i never seen before. 6000k colour.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I thought the 6000k was a bright white and anything higher it started showing the blue tint.

·
Registered
679 Posts
it is bright white but has a light blue to it at night.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
And whats the verdict? How you liking them?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I'm interested, too. Do you have the message center that warns about open doors? Does it warn you about burned-out headlamps?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Awsome!! Glad i got them, such a nice look and great at night.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Where are they from, how much did they cost you, and did you say that they weren't affected by the DRL? Things might be different on the 08+ Model from the 05-07 or older trucks.

Thanks, and the pics look pretty good...nightime pics to follow? ;)

You've rekindled my interest in HID conversions again, as regular lightbulbs are proving difficult to find too (ones that will last, won't set my truck on fire, and don't cost $150/pr.).

L8tz

·
Registered
679 Posts
no messages at all on the dash they do not cause any problems. Night shots to come. Paid 200$ localy from kijiji. Like i said before, it came with a harness that hooks up to the battery to supply constent voltage and does not get effected with drl.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
For those of you in Ontario, avoid the purple headlamps. You are allowed to have slightly tinted light emitted from the headlamps, but it must appear white when it hits the ground. So the 4000-5000 K kits are okay in terms of colour, the 6000-7000 K kits are probably okay, 8000 K might be borderline. Those 9000-12000 K kits could get you into trouble.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any idea what brand that HID kit is?

·
Registered
679 Posts
its the guys own brand he sells them on kijiji

1 - 20 of 20 Posts