Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First day of spring today (well, yesterday now) has me thinking of warmer days ahead. This are some pics I took last year that I never got around to posting. They were taken at a park where a canal branching off of the Nashua River was dug in the 1880's, 3 miles long and 6 feet deep parallel to the river, to power the linen mills in the city of Nashua, NH. There is now a park and a boat launch into the river at the beginning of the canal. Took these pictures there:

These are the falls where the canal starts

This is the powerhouse next to the falls. The canal goes under it:

And some shots along the riverside:

This was actually taken the summer before, when my son still had his Grand Cherokee:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
thats pretty cool. there is a similar set up, on a smaller scale where my sister and her family live, its a great place for canoeing and kayaking. its too bad for the town that the mill was for grain. if i had the cash i would buy it and convert it for power!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Those are some great photos guys! It helps put things in perspective. I remember "learning" about those projects in grade school as marvels of technical achievements from the past. I wonder what they teach kids about nowadays? Moonshots? Analog Television? :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.