Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Not the slightest engine modification...but with a little bit of lift and careful choice of suspension parts,together with some outside and inside protection and with the help of some extra navigation instruments, the Escape works wonders.Faithful as a dog and that is why I called her Argos.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Long live Argos!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Argos is tough lookin'!! Great pics!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Awesome! Keep up the fun, and keep the pics coming.

Looks like some sort of organized event? You look like a pro.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Impressive images. You'll have to give more details on the suspension upgrades.. as long as they're not trade secrets :calvin:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Very impressive! :thumb: I was with a group of Escapes that went thru stuff not nearly as drastic as that and couldn't make it home. Nice to hear the mods you made worked! I hope you and Argos have many years of fun together :peace:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BLKXLT said:
Impressive images. You'll have to give more details on the suspension upgrades.. as long as they're not trade secrets :calvin:
Thank you for your nice comments.
No trade secrets in the City!!!
1/The car is 450lbs lighter than stock.
2/2" lift all-around
3/HOT-BITS coil overs at the front custom tuned and adjustable in height and softness
4/HOT-BITS shocks at the back custom tuned and adjustable in softness.
5/16" EVO-CORSE off-road rims
6/205-80-16 tires

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Less lateral contact with the road makes for much greater stability and manoeuvrability at wet surfaces and mud where you need to dig in deeper.Also another necessity, (speaking always in off-road terms), is the highest possible profile of the tires. I have seen rookies coming at rally- raids with extra wide tires only to have a disappointing outcome with very capable toys, like Land Rovers, Land Cruisers,Jeeps,etc.
Narrow tires, high profile and steering contributes a lot for playing and enjoying the "paint with mud" game.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts