Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
There have been a few other threads started regarding the transformation of an Escape to an Escape Sport Appearance Look a like. From what I remember reading here it would be very expensive to do that as the headlights also need to be replaced and if you have the lower chrome bumper grille extension, you would also need to replace the bumper. IIRC, the blacked out headlights cost about $300 a piece, at least that was what was reported in other threads and in order to replace the headlights the front bumper cover needs to be removed. A lot of work and a lot of money; maybe it's time to just trade in for an Escape Sport Appearance :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
just got this exact same model and difference with the sport appearance pack is:

exterior:

black grille
blacked out headlamps
door handles painted in black
mirror painted in black
rocker panel painted (in place of the palstic bump panel under doors)
spoiler painted over cargo door
black 17" whelels

interior:
chrome around left and right vent grille
chrome on shifter knob
chrome handles
vinyl trim just over armrest on four doors (just noticed that one)
piano black finish on center console as well as armrest on doors

i think it's all that came with the S.A.P. (also took canadian winter pack that give heated leather seat and leather steering so this xlt in the interior looks like the interior of the limited!)

·
Registered
267 Posts
that looks sweet!! I love the black with black leather interior

·
Registered
467 Posts
camusdarrach said:
If only Ford would import them over here in RHD :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Far nicer looking than th Kuga that we are lumbered with :wall:
yeah the kuga is looking more of a car than a little truck...

but i think that these escape here in north america are on their last years :worry:

dont even knoe if there will be escapes in 2011 or been replaced by Kugas

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
I didn't know that! Maybe that's why there's so much badge :lol:

I wonder what's different between the 09 and 10 Escape regarding FlexFuel capabilities. I went to a dealership in Michigan for my key problem and the car type read '09 Ford Escape Flex Fuel' even though it's clearly not.

·
Registered
467 Posts
mmmm! maybe i'll trow out the flexfuel badge as it doesn't have any usage here... e85 is not available anywhere near here... the nearest place is 600km from here hehe...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.