Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The throttle control powertrain warning light on a 2008 ford escape hybrid came on today on my way into work. I went out at lunchtime to check to see what the manual said about this light and when I turned my escape on at that time the light was not lit up any more, should I be concerned? I did call the local dealer and they told me the light had to be on for them to get the code to diagnose the problem if any. Has anyone else had this happen on his or her escape hybrid?

[mod]Moved to Problems And Solutions.[/mod]

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What light are you talking about? :confused:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Good pic Scuba. I wish we could point and highlight the problem light in these kinda of questions. Kinda like a doctor prescreen. Post it with the smilies

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I know exactly what light the OP is referring to, it's not on there. The light in question is actually an icon of a wrench, illuminated in yellow.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ERIK PM'd me about his issue that he is having. He is from Peru and cant really translate in english. ERIK is having an issue with his 2008 HYBRID his powertrain check engine light came on and has since turned off. He staes that when he turns on the Escape there is no problem until down the road the POWERTRAIN/ THROTTLE wrench light turns on. The light doesnt turn off til the Escape is turned off. At times it seems that that wrench light wants turns on and flickers and goes away and at times the light comes on as soon as he is on the road moving.

As mentioned he hasnt been able to make to a mechanic to check the code.

Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated by ERIK

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think, but not for sure, that there are 2 throttle position sensors. Both should read the same. If one goes bad, a conflict shows up in the ECM and trips the light. We had several crown vics do this. I'll check tomorrow on what was the fix.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
OK PEOPLE CALLING ALL HELP. ERIK1258 still has an issue with his hybrid. He is sure he can follow the instructions on this link http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1229 but he wants to know how much he would need to spend on parts. I would love to look up the info but my bandwidth sucks and it takes for ever to do a google search. ERIK and I need help to get his Escape back to normal. Once again he is a Peruvian and its hard for him to understand English. So I will translate for us to him.

ALSO any other ideas to fix his probelm would be great

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hello,
I talked to Erik, and he told me that the Light turns on intermittently, but when the light is ON and he turns the AC on, the lights goes off. Plus with the AC on he hears a tic tic tic also present when he accelerates hard and the car changes gear. :confused:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I also reveived a message from Erik stating the same thing. I am not a hybrid guy and really have no idea what his issue maybe. I refered to the TSB that is posted on this thread but other than that we have nothing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Ok. So i Spoke with Erik today and here its what he has told me:

The car was bought in the US and then shipped to Peru. When he had the truck checked at the dealer it showed old codes, they tryed to erase them but it wasnt possible. This is what the scanner "Descripcion B-1239 Fallo de circuito de acondicionamiento de compuerta de mezcla de aire" --> Roughly "Descpription B-1239, Failure in the circuit of conditioning in the door of the air mix"

He thinks that the actuator is the part that is having trouble, since when the AC goes On the light turn off, something as if the AC accelerate the engine making the light turn off.

Since the car was bought in the US is it possible to get a service record?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.