Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at hauling a canoe, but I realize there are no tow bars or anything at the front of the 10 tributes. At the back I could use the hitch.

Only thing at the front I can find is one off center bracket well under the vehicle I assume used to secure the vehicle during factory transportation. I dont know if I should use that though as it will put a lot of pressure on the bumper and grill with not much in behind to support it.

Any other ideas on securing a canoe to a tribute?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I carry kayaks a lot, which are much lighter so maybe not completely relevant, but I've found ratchet straps work great at securing them to the roof rack. I have a rope on the front, but literally all it does is let me know they are up there since I can't see them while driving.

Depending on how heavy, or probably the bigger issue, aerodynamic, your canoe is you might be able to get by with a small rope on the front going down to under the bumper, if heavy tow straps over it on top will hold it secure like it does my kayaks. The front rope would only be for peace of mind and not really load bearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts