Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i finally got my 2003 escape back from my brother ( ive been out of state for a while) and anyway he kinda didnt take good care of it. Needless to say i have several projects to undertake now that i am back. First is the interior i want to replace the front seats with something more comfortable, now I would be extremely happy if some of you folks with tribbys and mariners could measure your seats for me as well as maybe post some pics. Or if you happen to know of any other seats that might fit that would be great!

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you do end up finding a good-looking and relatively inexpensive solution, definitely let us know! I would like put some nicer seats in mine as well. I might end up finding a junk yard that has the Escape leather seats or something.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
You might see if Master Craft has a seat that is not used for rally or off-road racing those things are sooooooo comfortable, you want to move it to the house...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking at the differences between Ford Escape, Mercury Mariner, and Land Rover Freelander seats on eBay. One of the largest most reputable companies you will find on there is call LKQ Corp. They can be trusted to sell good used seats and stand behind them as well as handle the shipping situation.

I would like leather to replace my two grey cloth seats in my 05' Escape. Problem is most of the leather seats seem to be black. Also there's finding if they're power, heated, and airbag. I wish there was somewhere we could find the differences between the models...

Seems a single seat (driver's) could be had for around $200 from a junk yard over the internet. You may be able to find one locally for a better deal. One really important think about hunting for parts at junk yards is to get the price for the part BEFORE you go out and pull (at a self pull place). At the full service yards (they pull) get the price over the phone before you show up. Some places are decent, but other places will raise their prices based on the opposite criterial the TSA people use to decide whether you should be searched or not. Since I'm usually a clean, decently dressed, young white male, they've tried to rip me off WAY too many times..... :bag:

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you can fit them, use seats from a Volvo S60. My wife had one of those and they were the most comfortable car seats I have ever put by butt in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts