Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok been on here a couple months now, figure i should post some pics up :) The first set is how i found her . . . after several months and a whole LOT of fixes you cant even see in the pics shes running like a clock and im getting happy with where she is at . . . not that im done by a long shot >=)

Before :

(Please note the 76,548 stickers on the car)

(came with the Westin bar, that made me happy)

(other then being dirty the engine bay came with 3 bad coilpacks . . . in the back of course)

Now :

(I painted/installed taillight covers, the old hitch took 2 hours, a blowtorch and a sledge hammer to get out of the receiver so i could put the step in, and the rear wiper arm took an hour with a dremel to cut off to replace with a new one with a good spring in it, tires are some nice Sumitomos that im loving )

(covered the grill, replaced the bulbs with silverstars, still need to replace both headlight housings but m not looking forward to taking everything off the front of the truck to get to them)

(engine now runs like a top and the MAC intake gives it a nice growl and about 19mpg average)

(bluetooth headunits are so cool :) and i replaced all the speakers, all Pioneer stuff)

·
Registered
420 Posts
lookn nice!
i like the tread pattern on those tires too :shades:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Looks great, I bet it runs good on new coilpacks, my I4 had one cyl bad on it's coil and the mis-firing drove me insane, not that I've recovered any but I'm much happier with a new coilpack.

I'll second those tires looking nice. Gives it a stance that makes it look like it has more ground clearance. If you know off the top of your head, what size are those?

Nice Escape! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Green is always good! :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i want to say the tires are 235/70/16s . . . but it may be a 75.

Ya good coilpacks made a hell of a diff.

Next up custom bent Magnaflo exhaust!

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Walkingchaos said:
Ya good coilpacks made a hell of a diff.
That's the next thing on my list along with plugs and a manifold gasket. I had also read something about changing the boot that goes over the C-O-P. I really need to sit down and figure out all the things I can clean and/or change while I have the manifold off...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my list after i got it was . . . .

- 3 coilpacks
- 6 plugs
- pcv valve
- replaced intake
- oil change/filter change (mobile 1)
- fuel filter
- 3 motor mounts
- pass. outter tie rod
- pass sway bar link
- 4 tires
- BOTH front hubs
- front rotors
- front pads
- rear wiper arm/blade
- headlight bulbs
- taillight covers
- rear plate leds
- replace head unit/speakers

. . . thats it so far. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
does anyone have a rear wing on there e/t/m ? I know i have seen one or two. and did you get it factory or after market ?

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Dasha and Colleen both have rear wings. I believe they both got them off the internet primed but not painted. I'm not sure if they got OEM or aftermarket though...

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to see it on your Mariner. :)
Actually, Dasha found and posted the spoilerexpress.com link a good while back. And her Mariner looked so hot with the spoiler that I just had to have one. :D
Thanks again, Dasha ! :beer: :heart: :beer:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wow great info, thanks guys. Ill have to look into picking one up. Does anyone know how difficult the install is on an 02' for one of these things ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts