Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, its about time to change the factory air filter, and I was wondering if it would be worth it to spend the 50$ on the replacement K&N/Green filters. Would like to get "more power" relatively speaking. if so, which is better? K&N? or the green filters? I drive a 2009 ford escape 2.5L

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I put the K&N in and have felt no difference at all. The guy who has done all the work on my rig (professional engineer/rock crawler) said the K&N is not as great a product when it come to the standard air filter that fits the Escape. the main point of it is that it is reusable and in that aspect save money down the line.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I put a K&N filter in my escape and I noticed the car seemed to run better. Although my old factory air filter never was changed for like 30k miles( thanks to ford service ). I noticed that when going uphill and accelerating my car didn't struggle nearly as much and i may have gotten 1mpg increase or so. I say it's definitely worth it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
According to the green filter web site it gets more airflow then k&n. That's what i have and they custom made it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It just so happens I posted on the for sale my 4k K&N stock replacment filter. No problems with it but trading it in and no point in letting them have it. I noticed a little difference but its likely more of the placebo effect. Mileage seemed to rise but still no hard evidence.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Nutty 50 said:
It just so happens I posted on the for sale my 4k K&N stock replacment filter. No problems with it but trading it in and no point in letting them have it. I noticed a little difference but its likely more of the placebo effect. Mileage seemed to rise but still no hard evidence.
??????

·
Registered
80 Posts
andjayik said:
I sold the Egg-scape, but kept the K&N and its (K&N) for sale...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts