Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the percentage of tint on the rear windows for the 2011 limited? I checked the spec sheet and it does not refer to this anywhere unless I missed it. I wanted to tint the front windows the same percentage and possibly add a sunstrip to the windshield (what does everyone think of the windshield?) I had it on an older car and it looked sharp.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,

Are you planning on doing this yourself? Because otherwise you can just take it to any tint shop and say "make it match." That's what I did for my 2009 XLT. They put 20% on the front windows and it matches perfectly. The cost was $60. But no, I'm not sure of the exact percentage for YOUR model. It might be the same.

Also, be advised that aftermarket tinting is done with a different process than factory tinting. It may not always look identical in ALL lighting conditions that you will encounter, but it will always look close.

And you probably already know this, but states have differing laws about tint percentage, especially for the front windows. Enforcement varies widely though and is subject to officer discretion.

Good luck with your tinting!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts