Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my windshield tinted today, since i wasn't privileged enough to get a truck with a blue visor strip. not that i'd want it anyway, i think blue visor strips on the windshield is hideous. :stifle: here's a pic

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
You're just knocking them mods out, huh? :box:

Me likey! :thumb:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dasha said:
You're just knocking them mods out, huh? :box:

Me likey! :thumb:
hell yeah i am. by end of the week i should have something else installed.... be it new magnaflow exhaust or my indash dvd.... i cant decide whether i want the pioneer avic-d3(navigation/dvd) or the avh-p6000 (6 dvd indash) but i should have *something* done by next monday. oh and me likey that new pic of yours... rawr!

p.s.- i'm 3 sheets to the wind right about now. forgive me.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
:worry: I've run out of mods and going into withdrawls.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Eventually ,would like to replace my current black side steps with chrome garnish steps. Quite content with the other accessories. The only other mod i might do, is have coloured little reflectors fitted on rear mudflaps. Years ago it is used to be popular down under. Might also replace the 100 watt spotlights. They are reasonable but are not really powerful enough in intensity of light. Will have to chat with an auto- electrician to see what he recommends.

The 100 watters are so so, but i would like something that turns night into day. Current spottys give me about a kilometer and a bit in range. My radio tech mate has a pair that provide him with a 2 kilometre range. His spotlights are only 35 watts , but they are HID technology. They have a special gas inside which i think enhances the intensity of brightness.

As an example mine light up immediately. With his they are on but not in an instant. It takes his a while to warm up. Maybe about five to six seconds. Once they have warmed sufficiently ,then they are at their maximum potential. It is quite an interesting experience.

Not sure yet as to my preference. Actually 02escape is being an influence. Might even go the 130 watt spotty option if it is practical. Hi! 02 escape. Will be interesting observing your feedback, once you have the 130 watt spots fitted. :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Chris needs to get tint! That was the first thing I got on my Escape...don't know why I didn't get the strip on my windshield... :bang:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Chris needs to get tint! That was the first thing I got on my Escape...don't know why I didn't get the strip on my windshield... :bang:
If I had a strip on the 'screen, I wouldn't be able to see where I'm driving! :)P

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
im too tall for the tint strip. i can hardly ever even use my visors LoL. i cant imagine being over 6'1" and owning one of these :)P

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
When you are 5'6" it's no problem :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I bought mine cuz it had a tighter turning radius than most SUV's lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm 5'11 and the tint strip doesnt bother me at all. i dunno about you guys, but my seats are power and i can lower my seat all the way to the floor and the tint strip still does its job. plus i ride with my ridiculously expensive oakley's on all the time.

:edit: after working @ this shop for so long, i would never put higher wattage bulbs in my car. HID's are the ONLY way to go. i've been debating the bulbs for a while now and after riding in my friends are with his HIDs, lo-beams and in fogs, i'll never question the price.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Aren't you just ridiculously cocky :)P

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I have a pair of orange-mirror (but blue-gray tint) faux-kleys that match my Edge.

:)P

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
jpark said:
I have a pair of orange-mirror (but blue-gray tint) faux-kleys that match my Edge.

:)P
Let's see a pic of you wearing them looking all cool..... :)P

·
Registered
321 Posts
Weezy504 said:
Got my windshield tinted today, since i wasn't privileged enough to get a truck with a blue visor strip. not that i'd want it anyway, i think blue visor strips on the windshield is hideous. :stifle: here's a pic

Looks good, how much did they charge you for it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lilshimy36 said:
Weezy504 said:

Looks good, how much did they charge you for it?
$20, but dont forget. i work where i get my mods.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts