Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's another one....
We just traveled down to Wash. D.C. and right before we left, I was loading the car and noticed an odd issue.
Let me go back a few weeks....When we got the car I noticed that the back door window was tinted and thought that it was odd that the back cargo area windows weren't tinted.
Now as I was loading I began to think that the driver's side rear window was tinted and when I went around to the other side, I was not so sure about the passenger rear door window. So I opened both of the rear doors and noticed that only one window on the vehicle is tinted. I have told the dealer and they will try to fix this issue.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Did you buy the car new?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Car was new but it had about 250 miles on it.

But at some point I'm going to look in the back seat for glass shards.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I did a check around under the seats and the carpet and it's very clean.
I also did a Carfax and Search Results:0 records found in our database
So, I am gogin to take the salesman's word for right now that sometimes the assembly line workers foul up. Gaws, I hope it's not a "monday morning" car....
My wife loves the thing....
I'll post a photo of it when I get a chance with the doors open...

hmmm, this car could be a collector's Item... :)) It could happen...

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Could be one of those "first year model run" kinks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, Thought that I had posted it but here's the photos of the window:
The tinted window:

The other side:

and from the front:

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Wow! That's pretty obvious. Has anyone from Ford or the dealer say what they can do about it?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MadMax said:
Wow! That's pretty obvious. Has anyone from Ford or the dealer say what they can do about it?
Well,
I talked to the service manager today and they want to take a photo of it.
He says that they then send in the photo to Ford through their comp system and then will probably replace the glass on the door with non-tinted. It's under warranty.

I'm not all that partial to the tinted glass. I prefer to see everything I can while driving.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AS an update, we did have that photo taken by the service guys and finally last thurs, it was replaced. 5/15/08 I will try to post a photo when I have time.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
It's good to here that Ford and a dealership actually did the right thing without a lot of kicking and screaming.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is. Not only that, my wife left her work parking deck hang tag in the loaner car and they really have been trying to get it back to her ASAP. So, all is well. Just ahve to get my key buttons working now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Photos are uploaded finally of the Un-tinted rear door window:
I also finally got the AVS window deflectors. (Not sure what exactly they deflect. )

and

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
[sigh] I really liked Redfire Metallic.

And the deflectors deflect raindrops, as well as several dollars from your bank account when you buy them.

:D

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I personally like tinted windows...I don't like people next to me staring at me for no reason. lol Glad they took care of you though that is definitely one of those things that makes you wonder lol

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
I personally like tinted windows...I don't like people next to me staring at me for no reason. lol Glad they took care of you though that is definitely one of those things that makes you wonder lol
Oh, they have a reason. :tease:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:hyst:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scooter Scott said:
Well, I don't blame you for not wanting to be looked at. :shades: Actually, I don't like people looking IN the vehicle when it's parked BUT on the down side what I found disconcerting about that window is that when I tried to view that area of my blind spot by looking through it (Like before changing lanes on the freeway) that tinted window was more difficult to look out of. Safety is important to me more so than privacy and I often backup my mirrors by taking a glance out there. This has paid off more than a few times.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
On a different note, I find the normal factory tint cuts down on glare, which is also a safety feature. :shrug: To each his own.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts