Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I'm wondering what size tires you have on your 20" wheels? The guys at Discount Tire/Americas Tire Co. say I should go with 255 45 20. I chose to have them order 255 50 20 instead. I'm just wondering if anyone has that size and if they fit with no modification? Your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. So my speedo will probably not be as accurate... I can live with that. I'll have pics of the ride with the 20's this week i hope!

·
Registered
138 Posts
275/45/20 here

The wheels stick out a bit past the fender, and if it didnt, it would probably rub like crazy.
If I were to re-do my wheel / tire setup I would go for the same diameter but not quite as wide (245/255)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks. So mine will be about a 1/4" bigger than yours Jordan. And i'm guessing yours don't rub so i'm sure i'll be fine. Wheels came today. Just have to wait a couple days for the tires!

·
Registered
138 Posts
MN_Mariner said:
So mine will be about a 1/4" bigger than yours Jordan. And i'm guessing yours don't rub so i'm sure i'll be fine.
Sorry to tell you, but mine do rub on the front, only when turning farily sharp like reversing out of the driveway. Depending on the offset of your wheels, and tire width, yours might not rub.

Edit: I just realized you have the newer year of escape/tribute/mariner, I'm not sure how this may differ from the older style like mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah ok thanks for the info. Looks like i'll have to wait to put mine on until next week. Really hope they fit!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I put the 255/50/20's on today. They fit with no issues! I will get pictures up as soon as the rain stops and the ride is clean. I love the way it looks. Wheels change the look and attitude completly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you get anything with the 8.5 width, are you guaranteed to have them stick out past the vehicle? I'm really looking for something pretty flush and close to stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts