all M+S (hope all seazon type)

I heard that in car Four Whell Drive all four tires must be the same exactly
not to damage viscose by varying the rolling resistance

is it true?

Greetings

·
Registered
436 Posts
You can get by with 2 different sets of tires, with no real adverse effects. There might be slight issues with handling depending on the tread and how different they are.
But your right, you want to use the same tire in all 4 places.
Are they close to being replaced? Sounds like the Conti's are original and you only had the fronts replaced.
Make sure once you get new tires to rotate them regularly for even wear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Yes Conti are original
and on front axle are other because when my car was sailing to me across the ocean they damaged the front tires while nailing wooden case
My Escape has only 12,7kmiles only
so all tires ale in very good condition about 80% of new tread
but tread looks different in conti and pirelli

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The rear differential ratio on the Escape is different from the front.Using different make tires or even different dimensions, within some limits, have no mechanical stress on the system...
as long as the tires on front or the back are of the same size and make model.

·
Registered
574 Posts
TYPE and SIZE are more important than brand/tread. As long as they are all the same type (eg: all season, winter, etc) and size then the difference in tread etc is of minimal impact. So minimal it is doubtful you would ever be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
kmoose said:
TYPE and SIZE are more important than brand/tread. As long as they are all the same type (eg: all season, winter, etc) and size then the difference in tread etc is of minimal impact. So minimal it is doubtful you would ever be able to tell the difference.
True, unless in an emergency on a wet road you have to hammer the brake pedal to the floor.The car will swerve.It is a rarity but...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts