Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We drove our Escape in heavy rain for the first time and noticed something that I have never encountered before on this vehicle or any of our previous ones.

From a full stop at traffic lights, when hitting the gas normally when the light turned green, the tires would spin and the car would shudder heavily. This happened twice on that rainy day. I realize it is a traction issue but it just doesn't seem right.

Tires are the stock Michelin's on the 2010.

Should this be happening?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Heavy shudder, in most cases, is caused by a driveline issue combined with engine and/or transmission support fittings.I would definitely take it to the dealer since it is new car.With a person from the dealer in the car I would recreate the symptom with heavy gas from stop, even on dry surface.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Hmmmmm, did your traction contorl light come on???

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
I've had my tires slip in rain before, but I am kinda heavy on the gas pedal after the light turns green. If I would gently do it or say I was behind other cars the issue doesn't happen. You may have a bigger issue though, not sure.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SUVord said:
Heavy shudder, in most cases, is caused by a driveline issue combined with engine and/or transmission support fittings.I would definitely take it to the dealer since it is new car.With a person from the dealer in the car I would recreate the symptom with heavy gas from stop, even on dry surface.
Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely mention it when I get the truck serviced next month.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oskerb said:
Hmmmmm, did your traction contorl light come on???
Actually, the first time I wasn't expecting it, so I didn't look, but the second time I was expecting it and didn't see anything come on (but I could have just missed it).

(BTW, be safe over there, Osker.)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ean-The-Escape said:
I've had my tires slip in rain before, but I am kinda heavy on the gas pedal after the light turns green. If I would gently do it or say I was behind other cars the issue doesn't happen. You may have a bigger issue though, not sure.
Thanks for the reply. I'll certainly mention it at our scheduled service in September.

(Oh neat! 50 Posts! No more rookie status! Yay!)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Kurochan said:
SUVord said:
Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely mention it when I get the truck serviced next month.
THANKS,
yeah take it in. I think it may be the tranny???? But depends on the shudder its hard to tell with out being in the truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts