Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone here lifted the escape? If so did you use a spacer lift...or did you do the real deal with coils springs and such?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Hi, I just ordered a 1.25 lift from Canuck motorsports. Coil spring lift. I am running 30.2 " Firestone Destination A/T. I use my Escape in a jeep club and have keep up with the big boys on the beginner and novice trails. The Experienced (expert trails) I keep up except on most of the hill climbs.
If your actually going to go camping, off-road etc snow?? I think a lift is worth it if you have the AWD/4WD.
There is a place in Bellingham WA called H&R Springs that make a lift as well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
how easy is it to install? and any other catches that come with the lift install?

·
Registered
267 Posts
awesome! thanks

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The front springs showed up today and will hopefully have some pics up this weekend of the install. I'm pretty anxious to get the kit on. esp the front springs as it will level the front with the rear. also thinking of putting some very mild fender flairs. Not sure I want to spend the money. $60 each. maybe later if i go to a 32" tire. :drool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
megascape said:
The front springs showed up today and will hopefully have some pics up this weekend of the install. I'm pretty anxious to get the kit on. esp the front springs as it will level the front with the rear. also thinking of putting some very mild fender flairs. Not sure I want to spend the money. $60 each. maybe later if i go to a 32" tire. :drool:
Good luck on the 32" tire. Just by looking at the clearances when the wheel is at full lock, I'm guess we can only get away with a 30.5 maybe a 31. But if you get a 32 to work, let me know. Whats going to be crazy is you have a LSP Escape that is going to be lifted, and so am I. Don't tint your front window's, or we'll be twins.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Lifts & big tires look cool, but I hope none of you have the 2.3. The 2.3 could barely handle the stock 29".

·
Registered
293 Posts
kkreit01 said:
Lifts & big tires look cool, but I hope none of you have the 2.3. The 2.3 could barely handle the stock 29".
According to both our pics we both have the V6 :thumb: :rockon:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
in order for me to get the 32 I'll have to accept tire rub or cut the fender wells and make new wells with flares. The Engineer I talked with is a professional rock crawler and said the 200 and 240 HP gearing and engines could handle 32 but would need different gearing for the 33. Since I just went to 30.2 it will be a while to get the 32. this will allow me to save the cash for the rear flares and give me plenty of time to make the front wells and flares..(flairs/flares) :confused:
Anyway sat the front will be lifted 1.25" I'll post pics Sat or Sunday :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :taz:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
For what it's worth... I say lift. :lol:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
put the 1.25" front spring lift on today. It leveled it with the rear allowing 15" clearance. I need to tale some better pics of the escape on open trail but for now
poor pic but I'll get a much better one later.

you can all tell I have no flare for photography or even a simple picture..
After figuring out the easiest way to put the new spring on it was actually a fairly easy project.
Next is the fender flares. $60.00 a flare. But they are a universal flare. might look into seeing what modification would need to be don on a Bushwacker Expedition or the Ranger. This will be a street legal pre-runner before 2015! :rockon: :horse:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dag Megascape you are on top of it. Can you get a profile shot of it same as the one in your sig for comparison

·
Registered
293 Posts
You might not think that its obvious, but to me I can tell. It looks good, and now I'm going to have to set aside some money to emulate your style. Hope you don't mind.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts