Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even before getting my '09 Escape, I envisioned a tow hook on the front (its just Front Wheel Drive) and a trailer hitch. I've seen some with hitches, looks like the installer did a neat job of cutting a slot out of the rear "bumper". Haven't seen any tow hooks on the front, is this possible for this vehicle? Thank you all.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
forcpe said:
Even before getting my '09 Escape, I envisioned a tow hook on the front (its just Front Wheel Drive) and a trailer hitch. I've seen some with hitches, looks like the installer did a neat job of cutting a slot out of the rear "bumper". Haven't seen any tow hooks on the front, is this possible for this vehicle? Thank you all.
...As for the front tow hooks yes they do exist, one for each side, as long as you find the dealer that carries them.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Tow hooks are available. The rear cut outs are only seemingly on factory 1 1/4" hitches. You may find it is too high though. Mine is a Draw Tite Class III and it sits about an inch below the bumper, but is basically the perfect height for both a camper and a boat that have both been towed by the Tardis.

I got the 2" tube style and it is noticable but in a nice, finished way. It is raining sideways outside right now, otherwise I'd go snap a pic. Plus, if I (or a future owner) ever want to get rid of the hitch the bumper cover is still as-new.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts