Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well it doesnt save the day, but it did prevent the idiot in the taxi from smashing my plastic bumper when he hit me in the tim hortons drive through. wow was i mad. words can not be typed in here to express my words for the guy. but there was no damage, so he got lucky. mind you if he would have caused a bit of damage it would have been nice to get a new bumper since it does have an annoying scuff mark from a parking lot incident that i was not a participant of but my parked escape was. thats the third time in one year this thing has been hit and so far only the front and rear bumper have minor scuff marks.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
When I bought my 2003 Limited used it had apparently been owned to someone who parked by the Braille method. It has scuff marks on the outermost corners all the way around. That has taken some of the pressure off of having a "perfect" car. It would take a repaint to repair the scuffs, but I've learned to love 'em. :))

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The Tim Horton's drive-through lines here go into the streets at some locations.

One of the towns here actually introduced legislation to try to do something about it, but the council people were all stuck at a Tim Horton's drive-through when their vote was due.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Had a similar thing happen to me. Was parked at a light and an Escalade ran into the back of us and the took off (hit and run). He hit right on the class three hitch and never it the bumper but the impact was transferred directly to the frame and it really made the hit that much harder for us in the car. I think I would have rather gotten the bumper damage than the ride to the hospital for my wife and daughter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts