Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I found a trailer connector on the driver's side rear. It has a brown, yellow, green, and black wires going into it and a blank mate adapter. I was wondering is this a connection point for trailer wiring?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yes, it is. But what is your model and year? Some years require adding relays, and some may require a trip to the dealer to "program" the system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fyrtrks said:
I think I found a trailer connector on the driver's side rear. It has a brown, yellow, green, and black wires going into it and a blank mate adapter. I was wondering is this a connection point for trailer wiring?
This assumes your Escape did not come with factory towing.

If you have a 2001-2004, you will need to swap out the flasher (and some other minor change). If you have a 2005-2007, your harness is useless, because much more needs to be done to light-off this harness (as the flasher is part of the dash circuitry or some other crap).

I have a 2006, did not have factory towing, but installed my own hitch. I just bought a relay kit, and wired it direct to the battery (also added some nice 12V DC outlets in the tailgate area).

http://www.panix.com/~douglas/How-to.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.