Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an '07 Escape XLT 3.0L V6. I just ordered and installed a class III hitch and a wiring harness that plugs into the 4-pin round plug found behind the left rear tire under the bumper cover. I discovered first that the wiring harness wasn't working at all. Then I tested the plug in the bumper and it has no power either. Anybody have an idea of what the problem might be?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome to E-C!

The wiring for 2005-2007 models should already be there, as you found.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2057&p=43020&hilit=wiring+harness#p43025

Since it's driven off of the Smart Junction Box, it may need to be programmed (enabled) by a Ford dealer.

Are you sure that the contacts are all clean? Just one bad ground contact can disable the entire trailer circuit.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i know for the 09 you need the relays in the engine fuse box.

·
Registered
19 Posts
And I learned that my 2009 needed more than relays ..... there was no wiring run to the under-hood fuse box. I don't know where the wires from the bumper connector harness go, but they are not running to that box. If anyone has an answer, I'd love some suggestions. I am thinking that I may buy one of the aftermarket kits from Tow Ready or Valley and splice that in to the Ford harness.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i think the best way and cheapest is just to buy the kit that hooks up to ur battery for direct power and tail lights, forget about the bumber harness. Thats what i did and the kit was 50$, comes with a module.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.