Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i have a 2008 escape xlt 2.3l I4 with an automatic transmission, is there a standard version for this model? If so is a tranny swap possible from a donnor escape?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Yes there was a five speed manual version. No, I wouldn't swap it out either. We have the 2.3L with the four speed auto, and while not fast, it isn't terribly slow. Nor do I think you would be doing yourself a favor by going to the expense of swapping it out. Probably less expensive and more reliable to find a different Escape that has the manual tranny from the factory. Buy it, and sell the one you own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ic i already have too much work into this escape to just get a different one im out to make this fast... i dont want an auto trans but good that there is a manual trans also il be swaping it for sure.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
You want fast? Why drive an Escape? Not like they are rockets... :shrug:

Faster, easier is a supercharger. The hairdryer will do wonders, and not cost much more in the process.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Is your Escape 4WD? I'm not sure if you could get a 5-speed with 4WD in the 2008s... Just something to find out before you begin your project.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
That is a challenge, as stock, the Escape is midpack for all the miniUtes on acceleration at best. Some of the 4 bangers from the other guys are faster than the Escape V-6. I wish you luck and will be watching for updates! :thumb:

·
Registered
416 Posts
You're much better off buying the manual, like I did. I had an '03 with the v6 and a/t but decided the trans swap wouldn't be worth the headache.
It was much easier to upgrade to the '07 with the 5-speed.
And at full-tilt, my Escape is a rocket. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
My cousin did at transmission change over from auto to manual. Wasnt hard at all from what he told me. He had 2 Ford Focus's one was crashed and the other newer (of course). He pulled the computer and the tranny from the crashed one and a month later he had a manual transmission no problems, no codes, etc... I just all depends who can help and how much you know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
oskerb said:
My cousin did at transmission change over from auto to manual. Wasnt hard at all from what he told me. He had 2 Ford Focus's one was crashed and the other newer (of course). He pulled the computer and the tranny from the crashed one and a month later he had a manual transmission no problems, no codes, etc... I just all depends who can help and how much you know.
So he did a Transmission swap on the Escape from the Focus?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts