Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:worry:

My wife had a bumper car thing with a guy in a Mustang that cut her off on the freeway the other week. He just had to get in front of her, then he slammed on his brakes... :wacko:
So, end result is she doen't stop quite as quickly as he, so he got the shunt. BANG! :censor:

Monday I took it to the Ford Dealership to have the front end worked on. It originally appeared to be cosmetic issues only. Once the front bumper assembly was taken off however they discovered the radiator was bent, as were the A/C coil, the bumper plunger/mounting bracket and the radiator support wall. The latter was to be just bent back into proper shape. The radiator was also. The bumper bracket and the A/C coil are having to be replaced. :shock: Amazing, less than a 5 mph bump and the front is slightly more than tweeked. :bill:

I originally decided to use the Ford Collision Center because the insurance company likes them, and they promised me that they would use only Ford OEM new parts. The service advisor stated that they would charge the used and refurbished prices, but use the new parts. He said that it was less expensive to just go with the recondiitoned prices, save money, and not have to spend the time in labor that they would make off the used part. In their experience, it cost less, and they made more money overall on the job.

The Mazda house wanted to use recycled parts exclusively. Not what I wanted. It's an 08, but it is NEW to us! :yes: So the Mazda dealerships' contract repair facility lost the business over a few dollars... :shrug: I tried to reason with them, but they would not budge. Used and reconditioned parts only. :shock:

I'm hoping that the truck is finished today. I really, I mean really don't like driving the Bullitt to work and leaving it in the employee parking lot. :worry: That and my wife wants her wheels back. She's driving my pickup truck to her job, and she's okay with that, but likes to operate her set of wheels. Not drive around in some "clunky old" truck. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
Yikes ! Sorry to hear about all the damage !! :shock: I know that you originally thought that the damage was minimal.

I hope they have her fixed for your wife real soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manana, always manana... :doh:

They have all the parts, but are not happy with the paint job. So they called and asked to have another shot at it. He claims they want to get it right the first time. Also, added a new radiator. The mechanic in the garage said the one in the truck is okay, but might start to leak at a later time as a result of the collision. So they replaced that as well. :)P
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,543 Posts
Stupid Mazders running into beautiful Mustangs!!! :D J/K... :peace: Sorry to hear about the accident. Good to hear you've got a shop that cares enough to do the job right!

jonas1022 said:
I'm hoping that the truck is finished today. I really, I mean really don't like driving the Bullitt to work and leaving it in the employee parking lot. :worry:
I don't blame you. I hate all parking lots. I've had 3 new cars in my life. It always amazed me that no matter how far away I'd park from the crowds, some numb-nut in the 1972 Nova with about 1 sq inch of original paint would park 12" away from me... :rant: :wall: :cuss:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RobtRoma said:
Stupid Mazders running into beautiful Mustangs!!! :D J/K... :peace: Sorry to hear about the accident. Good to hear you've got a shop that cares enough to do the job right!

jonas1022 said:
I'm hoping that the truck is finished today. I really, I mean really don't like driving the Bullitt to work and leaving it in the employee parking lot. :worry:
I don't blame you. I hate all parking lots. I've had 3 new cars in my life. It always amazed me that no matter how far away I'd park from the crowds, some numb-nut in the 1972 Nova with about 1 sq inch of original paint would park 12" away from me... :rant: :wall: :cuss:
:hyst: Tell me about it!

Left the Bullitt in the lot yesterday, and sure enough, some guy in a 72 Chevy van with the Cowboy colors (once were anyway) painted on it parked next to me... :shock: Creeped me out when I saw that from afar. No damage that I noticed, so I guess he is one of the few that actually respect someone else's car. And I suppose that to be the case. He probably has the numbers on how many Cowboy Color Chevy vans were built, and is protecting his "investment".

I have had one new pickup, I own it now, one new Capri 1984 MY RS with the 5.0L, 1998 Ford Escort, and now the Mazda Tribute. I bought the 01 Bullitt used, in 06 from a dealership in Palm Coast Florida.
;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Newest OOPS!

They scratched the bumper cover when reassembling the front end cap. :doh:

Repaint! I guess Monday morning will be the earliest I can check it out. :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,629 Posts
Never a dull moment at crash repair places.

I used to have a ford falcon.
________________________________________*

The decorative beading on side was stuffed.

##

They never , got it back to original condition.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,571 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Newest OOPS!

They scratched the bumper cover when reassembling the front end cap. :doh:

Repaint! I guess Monday morning will be the earliest I can check it out. :shrug:
Darn it ! I hate that and know that your wife is probably at the ticked point by now. I sure hope that y'all can get her back by Monday.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,543 Posts
jonas1022 said:
Newest OOPS!

They scratched the bumper cover when reassembling the front end cap. :doh:

Repaint! I guess Monday morning will be the earliest I can check it out. :shrug:
DOH!!! That sucks... I hope they can get it right on Monday...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Colleen said:
Darn it ! I hate that and know that your wife is probably at the ticked point by now. I sure hope that y'all can get her back by Monday.
My wife or the Tribute??? :shrug:

:bag:

:whistle:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top