Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the salvage yards here for weeks and there just aren't many EMTs in the salvage yards here. Anyone have the same experience?

Anyone know of a place that maybe specializes in FORD cars and trucks and has a few 2005-2007s they are parting out?

thx

Paul

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Same boat there... guess they're all too reliable? Or getting totaled beyond belief.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Never had too much issue here but London has 10 yards in town and another half dozen within a 30 min drive.
There are a few yards that are linked to national networks, never hurts to ask even if you don't see the part you need.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
ophiruchus said:
Same boat there... guess they're all too reliable?
I recently saw an article about 15 Escape (Hybrid) Taxi's in San Fransisco that all reached the retirement limit of 300,000 miles. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Almost all of our yards are linked by the Ontario Auto Recyclers Association, and parts can be searched province-wide. See if your state has something similar. Some parts don't make it into the system, but large stuff usually does. Search for a Ford Escape engine and call the yard to see if they have the rest of the car.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Occasionally random stuff appears on eBay. Right now, I'm trying to work out a deal with a guy selling a body-colored grille (so I can paint it to my car's color!) but he wants $30 for shipping... parcel post. :hyst:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.