Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I didn't get to look thru the entire thing but when you get near the end of the thread they are talking about the site (or someone on it) selling stickers with Ford copyrighted phrases or graphics. That seemed to trigger the whole thing. I still think it's wrong the way they are going about it though. They should work with the owners of theses sites to make sure they know what Ford will allow and what it won't. It shouldn't be a zero tolerance thing. As long as the site works to stick within Ford's guidelines they shouldn't be harassed like that.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hmm, interesting reading...

On the first couple of pages, I'm thinking WTF are Ford doing???

Then skipped to the latter pages, 55 onwards, and it would seem that the admin hadn't told the entire truth about the situation........... :shrug: :shrug:
However read it for yourselves, and make up your own conclusions

·
Registered
327 Posts
Got this off caraudio.com and hope that it doesnt happen to our forum! :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it's absolutely retarded. This is exactly the kind of behavior that's driving them straight down the crapper. I recieved this email and thought I would post it on here.

I was hoping I could get you guys to send ford an email https://secure.ford.com/footer/conta...=PublicAffairs (ford owner or not) telling them how ridiculous their actions are I'd really appreciate it!

Quote:
Dear Member,
I appologize for this email. I don't normally email the members but this is an emergency.
Today, (December 9, 2008) I received a letter from the law offices of Howard, Phillips & Andersen that represent the Ford Motor Company. Ford is forcing us to surrender the name 'therangerstation.com' to them and stop using it. Ford states that using the name 'Ranger' when used in reference to the Ford Ranger is a trademark violation. In addition they are wanting me to pay them $5,000.
As you may know, The Ranger Station has been around for the past 10 years and has been a valuable resource to Ranger enthusiasts.
If Ford does this to us, where will they stop?
I have 10-days to surrender the name and pay them $5,000. I'm asking that you contact Ford online and ask them to reconsider making us change our name and prohibiting us from using the word 'Ranger'.
You can contact them at:
https://secure.ford.com/footer/conta...=PublicAffairs
a sample of what one of the members wrote is:
"To whom it may concern:
I am writing concerning your recent legal attacks on various "fan" websites for vehicles such as the Mustang and Ranger. I am insulted by this careless misuse of our legal system and am reconsidering any further vehicle purchases from your company until you cease and desist from any further legal action concerning this subject. I have been a Ford owner for many years and I had hoped to stay that way. These attacks are morally wrong since they are geared towards your customers, and do not instill the least bit of confidence in your brand. For the sake of your business, I ask you to please reconsider immediately.
Thank you."
Thank you for your support and I applogize for this email.
Jim Oaks
TheRangerStation.com

Like I said, if you guys would just send them an email (ford owner or not) telling them how ridiculous their actions are I would REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!!

Thanks, Justin

Please post if you sent them an email.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update. The :censor: lawyers are now saying that they didt't went the web sit shut down,but went Jim {sit owner} to stop selling decals with the Ford logo on them.OK he stooped.He was wrong in selling them.Whats the big deal you can go to your local Advance parts store or E Bay and get them.Why dont these :censor: lawyers go after them?They would loose their a$$ thats why.They are going after the small guy.So to the owner of this sit be very,very careful with the logos you use here.I hope you NEVER have to go through this.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
I would ask that anyone who has posted about this on another website link the discussions here and ask that the moderator on that site lock the topic.

I also want to thank the other site owners for their support.

This is from Jim Okes {site owner at TRS}

What got this settle was all the E-Mail Ford PR Dept got.Ford said don't sell anything with are logo on it, no fine and THE RANGERSTATION.COM is safe and life goes on :wave:

Thanks for all your support,
Tribute Dad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.