Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i have had a rough time with tires and my E, this time was an abandoned truck tire in the middle of the road.
I was going to my farm last wendsday about at 9pm, i was behind a jetta, and just when i was about to overtake it, in the middle of nowhere a really big truck tire (or tractor for that matter...i dunno) appeared rolling.

It was in a second, the jetta tried to avoid it, and ended up hitting it at about 60 with the left front part of the car, i hitted it completely with the front of the truck :censor:. It was really big, since i felt it in both of the front tyres, and both of the rears. Thankfully nothing happened to the front (which really seems incredible, since i was at about 80, not at scratch), however when the tyre got out the back, it held to the bumper and broke it .

Thanks to God, nothing happened to us, since the rollover was a real possibility, and i only stopped in a gas station about 8-10 miles from the place i hit it, so i wasnt able to see what happened to the jetta, or if they stopped (not the best human being i know :worry: , but it was really dark...i got scared).

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Woh! :shock: That's scary. Glad you are OK! I hope you can get it fixed up good as new ASAP.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx all!!

Here are some pics..

BTW, i dunno to what was connected that wire that is hanging there, is not of any of the rear lights, nor the reverse sensors :confused: . Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My brother had his winter holiday ruinned back in January when he hit a spare tire on the I-75 in Ohio. His Pontiac G5 sitting a little lower to the ground didn't fare so well. The insurance company wrote off the vehicle due to engine damage and damage to the frame and engine mounts. Glad to hear you fared better than this. :thumb:
The Toyota Sienna van he was following is now part of a recall campaign because of spare tires falling off of a rusted carrier cable. :doh:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I noticed the truck parked a few spaces over has some truck tires in it....hmmmmm...coincidence? ;)

As for the wire, I have no idea other than it could be from one of the backup sensors. I thought it might be from a TPMS if you had one but realized it would be going off if that happened.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts