Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this has been posted, so I figured I would share. This is a modification of a 2001 Escape done by L&G Enterprises of San Dimas, California and featured in Truckin' Magazine. The list of mods is pretty impressive, as are the pics -- posted after the list of mods.

The mods (from the article):
- Twin-screw supercharger kit from Kenne Bell (which also appears on these forums)
- Ram-air intake from K&N Engineering
- After-cat Sportman Street exhaust system from Spintek
- Slotted front brakes from Power Stop
- Front sway bar and bushings from Hotchkis Performance
- Rear coil springs from the Custom Truck Shop
- 17x8-inch Maxxim Pursuit wheels from Konig
- Toyo Proxes S/T tires size P285/60R17
- Bucket seats
- 5-point harnesses in the front
- Internal roll-cage
- DVD players
- Various audio enhancements

The pics do it better justice:

Complete group of photos here
Complete article here, author Carl Calvert

For me, the roll cage is the most interesting. I've been wondering how to get one fit into our '05 for this coming spring, so it was inspirational to see this.

- sG

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Colleen said:
I love what you have done with your vehicle. It is unique and something to be very proud of. :clap: :clap:

Enjoy it ! :)
I wish it were mine! That's just something I found online at Truckin' Magazine as an example of what can be done to Escapes ... sorry for any confusion.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
SGecko said:
Colleen said:
I love what you have done with your vehicle. It is unique and something to be very proud of. :clap: :clap:

Enjoy it ! :)
I wish it were mine! That's just something I found online at Truckin' Magazine as an example of what can be done to Escapes ... sorry for any confusion.
Oops ! I read your post again and realized that and then deleted my original post. :) The confusion is my fault. I should know by now that talking on the phone while reading and posting on E-C does not always work well. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I wonder if anyone has calculated the load-bearing ability of those A-pillar roll cage downtubes. It looks to me like it could use some gusset plates or crossbars next to the mirrors and footwell. Then again, I'm known for overengineering and underestimating the strength of any material I can't bend with my own hands.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theescaperoute said:
Squishy, I'm pretty sure that cage is just for show. It might help.
Might.
Absolutely for show. Agreed. It might help keep the occupants' heads from hitting the A-pillar, but not much else.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
I would rather hit the A-pillar than a big steel tube, unless "Absolutely for show" = PVC pipe. :lol:

Could also use a couple of grab handles on the roll cage, unless the occupants like losing fingers. I do like that roof rack basket.

EDIT: ohhh "Various audio enhancements" yeah roll cage is fake. :hyst:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
:kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel:
Great now I have more mods I have to do.
I had actually thought about putting a half interior bar but was also concerned about the weight.
that thing is awesome.
great read and thanks for posting it..

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
SGecko said:
- Toyo Proxes S/T tires size P285/60R17
Wow those are big tires on an Escape! Makes it look like a Matchbox (that and the purple!). I wonder if the offset is crazy to get those in there....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, where I come from (uh, northern New Jersey, originally), we don't call that a 'Mod'. We call that 'bastardizing'. Bleech. I would like to see under the hood, however. As golfers say, 'drive for show, putt for dough'. Anyone can spray paint the bumpers to match and stick a fake roll bar inside. I'd like to feel that supercharger kick in on the highway, however.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
rehctelf said:
Some nice mods but I would never paint ANY truck purple with blue seaweed blotches and I'm not sure why anyone would take out the rear quarter glass.
To each their own I guess. :confused:
I'm with you, leave the quarter windows in! Paint it purple? I dunno, it's not for me. Lots of people like purple trucks though. Just count them rolling down the highway sometime. Way more than you would imagine.

Oh, nearly forgot. The rollbar. LOL! that's funny! Definitely a joke! ;-|

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
jonas1022 said:
escape05xls said:
why cant i find a Smittybilt part for the escape? I was looking for the front grill bar....
Just did a Dogpile search on Smittybilt...

got their index page...

then found the search box and this: http://4wheelonline.com/jeep/search.asp ... ing=escape

Check it out! Lots of Escape parts. :thumb:
wow yeah that is a lot of parts but not the same brush gaurd.. looks like a custom one :/ I'll have to get a over price bull pusher for my added "fog lights" ahah

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.