Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking on Craigslist and Ebay for any Aspen Green Ford Escape made between 2001-2004. Yet for some reason that color seems to much rarer than, oh say, black and white.

The reason I'm looking for a 2001-2004 is because I prefer a column shifter over a floor shifter. It does my back a favor so I don't have to not only look down when I shift from park into drive and vice versa, but also bend over, and that does a number on my back after a while, I'm one of those "big and tall" gentlemen if you need help trying to picture this. I also think that 2001-2004s look and feel more SUV-like compared to their 05-present counterparts, that isn't to say that they aren't SUV like, but most SUVs I have seen utilize column shifters for the most part, the exceptions being Jeeps (Wranglers, Cherokee Sports). Having driven trucks and SUVs with Columns for the better part of my driving time (2 years and counting), I would feel right at home with a 2001-2004 model.

As far as the color mentioned above (Aspen Green), It's almost impossible to find one not only in that color, but also in the trim I want (V6, 4WD, grey interior). I may have to resort to finding an Escape in a color I don't care for, then paying extra $$$ to have it painted in Aspen Green (if it's even possible, let me know if it is). What do you guys think? Am I looking on the right sites/lots? Or am I going to have to do some traveling to find that dream Escape?

Does anyone here own an Aspen Green made in 01-04? How did you acquire it? Was it a different color when you got it and you painted it green?

Thank you in advance for any help!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have only seen one Aspen green escape but it was a hybrid. Seems everybody has an escape where i live. Some colors were not standard but ordered as a custom color with certain packages. It seems that most were made white. I can understand your need of a column shift and also the lack of a floor shift makes room for another seat which are common with escapes with the column shift. Yes jeeps have a floor shift and so does my Mitsubishi Montero sport. I have seen an 05 without a floor shift but it was white. good luck

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
There are several in the Florida area for about $9000. You did not mention where you live. Have you tried Autotrader.com? I searched 01-04 Escape within 200 miles of me and found 6 green ones. However I would search by all colors because people frequently click on the wrong color when listing. Also, I saw a forest green one with tan leather interior but most have cloth and all were tan. I'm not sure if they made green w/ grey interior. Depending on what's most important to you, you will probebly have the wrong interior or wrong exterior color than what you want. If you're dead set on the combo, I would find the best looking grey leather interior with a light exterior paint color (like silver or white) then pay a grand or so to have it painted a nice shade of forest green. Remember a good paint job is not only the outside- hood, fenders, doors, roof- but also all the door jams, inside the trunk and hood where you will see the old color.

Good luck, keep us updated! And don't forget, when you find one:
:pics:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
They didn't have Aspen Green in 01-02. It was called Dark Highland Green. That's what I have. If the plastic trim and bumpers are a lighter color, you know it's Dk Highland.

In 03-04, Ford tried to simplifiy manufacturing by offering only one bumper color. All the bumpers are dark. When they did this, they changed the green to Aspen:

I know in 01-02 they offered a gray interior in the green Escapes but I can't say that I've ever seen one with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This will narrow my search down to an 03 or 04 model. All signs point to buying one that isn't in the color I want (Aspen Green) then paying the extra money before hand to have it painted Aspen Green. Maybe I"ll start looking for one in blue (My second favorite color), at least a lot of blue escapes I've seen come with grey interiors, so I'll partially be getting what I want. Until I get the money for a decent paint job. Thank you for your advice everyone! I know what I'm going to do now..... Now, back to the internet!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
They're just trying to class up the place. :thumb: What bothers me is the photograph was exposed improperly so the Escape looks black and not green.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Depending on where you live (you don't mention where you live), you could try http://www.kijiji.ca
I've seen lots of Escapes in there that are in the colour you're looking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention that I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, if this narrows it down at all.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Ajax said:
What bothers me is the photograph was exposed improperly so the Escape looks black and not green.
Can you say "Cheap point & shoot"? ;) Both these greens are really dark and look black form certain angles. You need to get the right angle and lighting for the green to POP... Either that or be good at Photoshop... I think the Aspen Green is even darker that the Dk Highland so it's even more difficult to photograph...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
It looks like leather, 4x4 and V6 seem to be a hard to find combo as well, I only saw 4 on AutoTrader within 300 miles of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts