Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

TV show thread

748 views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  rehctelf 
#1 ·
I wasn't sure if we had a thread on favorite programs or not, I don't recall one anyways.

So I'll start it here: What do you like to watch? And, important if you want others to follow it too, can you rent it or watch it online?

I don't watch alot of tv show but I got hooked on Stargate Universe on SyFy. Unlike most of SyFys shows, including the previous versions of Stargate, it's very serious with only one character trying to be funny and the rest being more realistically serious. Great camera work as well, kind of "gritty," and the music brings to mind classic sci-fi like Blade Runner. The premise is several military and civilian go thru a stargate and end up on an ancient ship over which they have no control but their first priority is survival- food, water, air. The characters are well fleshed out and put in suprising emotional situations and you really get into it. If you want to watch the first episode (I think it's on the 8th now) you can at syfy.com, I didn't check Hulu.com to see if it had it though.

Easily the best show I've seen since the Shield ended.

#2 ·
The shows I try to never miss are "New Adventures of Old Christine" w/Julia Louis-Dreyfus.......hilarious!!! Then right after that "Gary Unmarried" w/Jay Mohr and then "Glee"....all on CBS on Wednesdays. Yeah, that's my couch potato day!! 7-9 pm!! I recently got into "Glee" and love it! :)

On Mondays I watch "Intervention" on A&E...true stories (1 or 2 per episode) about people dealing w/all kinds of addictions: alcoholism, drugs, eating disorders, sex, etc. and the intervention that is staged to try to help them overcome their problems. Can be very intense....but I like it. It's my "serious" show I watch.

#3 ·
The shows that I love and never miss (sometimes I record them to watch at another time) are:

Sunday night I usually watch Desperate Housewives.
Monday night is comedy night with: How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, and The Big Bang Theory.
Thursday night: Flash Forward, Grey's Anatomy, and Private Practice (I normally record Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice because hubby does not watch them. But he is on night shift right now)
Friday night I like the show Ghost Whisperer

I also like Fringe but have not seen many of the episodes this year. Might rent the season dvd at some time.
CSI and Criminal Minds are great shows too.

I am also hooked on the daytime soap, Days Of Our Lives. Been watching it for many years. Usually I record this to watch with my daughter. I got her hooked too. :lol:

There are probably others but those are the main one's. :peace:
Oh yeah, I plan to check out that Glee show that Dasha watches. :)

#4 ·
I follow the " Inspector Rex " series.
That black and tan alsatian is gorgeous. :heart:

Such a well trained sheperd. :thumb:
Also i get sentimental. :cry:
That dog looks exactly like the german sheperd, my family adopted a long time ago.

AAAW! I want one as a puppy. :cry:
They are handsome and adorable.
Those big cute paws and face. :heart:

#6 ·
Here's our list:

all CSIs (getting kind of burned out on them)
Lie to Me
Mentalist
Bones
Desperate Househos
Cold Case

Seasonal/Reality
Survivor (season 143?)
Big Brother (39?)
American Idol
Bachelor (sometimes)
Hell's Kitchen (sometimes)
Kitchen Nightmares
Man vs. Wild

Shows we wish were still on:
NYPD Blue (best show ever!)
Crossing Jordan
Without a Trace
Boston Public
Boston Legal

#7 ·
I've got a pretty long list. I usually get episodes from Usenet because I tend to miss a few episodes on TV, then download them to catch up, making me miss other episodes of other shows...it's a neverending cycle of catching up until the summer.

• Top Gear[/*]
  • Top Gear Australia[/*]
  • Chuck[/*]
  • 24[/*]
  • How I Met Your Mother[/*]
  • Heroes[/*]
  • Two and a Half Men[/*]
  • CSI: Miami[/*]
  • The Border[/*]
  • The Big Bang Theory[/*]
  • 'Til Death[/*]
  • House[/*]
  • Castle[/*]
  • Lie to Me[/*]
  • Fringe[/*]
  • The Mentalist[/*]
  • Better off Ted[/*]
  • CSI: NY[/*]
  • Mythbusters[/*]
  • New Adventures of Old Christine[/*]
  • Gary Unmarried[/*]
  • Rules of Engagement[/*]
  • Bones[/*]
  • Psych[/*]
  • My Name is Earl[/*]
  • CSI[/*]
  • The Office[/*]
  • 30 Rock[/*]
  • Samantha Who?[/*]
  • The Listener[/*]
  • Numb3rs[/*]
  • Flashpoint[/*]
  • Dollhouse[/*]
  • Ghost Whisperer[/*]

ReGenesis is also a great show but is no longer airing. It was sort of a mix between CSI, House, and 24, though the science was stronger than CSI. Nobody even balances the centrifuges in CSI! :doh:

#8 ·
The TV shows I watch on a regular basis:

House
Fringe (Love Walter..........and the cow!!!!!! :lol: )
Holmes on Homes (Love to hear, "That's it! I'm gutting it!")

These shows are recorded on the DVR so I watch when I want to watch.

#9 ·
kkreit01 said:
Here's our list:

all CSIs (getting kind of burned out on them)
Lie to Me
Mentalist
Bones
Desperate Househos
Cold Case

Seasonal/Reality
Survivor (season 143?)
Big Brother (39?)
American Idol
Bachelor (sometimes)
Hell's Kitchen (sometimes)
Kitchen Nightmares
Man vs. Wild

Shows we wish were still on:
NYPD Blue (best show ever!)
Crossing Jordan
Without a Trace
Boston Public
Boston Legal
I think you have my TV show pattern down to a list, except that there are a few you watch, and I don't.

I watch NCIS and NCIS LA. My wife likes to watch Brothers and Sisters, and Castle. Sexual tension stuff. Then again, that's why she likes NCIS and NCIS LA! :)

I don't watch reality programming. Almost no exception to that. Nothing real about them. I can skip the Boston programs as well. ;)

#12 ·
well I work 3rd shift so i'm a big couch potatoe.

Monday: how i met your mother, 2 & a half men, big bang
Tue: whatever sometimes ghost lab
wed: old christine, gary unmarried, ghost hunters
thur: survivor, sometimes csi

Oh and the Wings take priority over anything :D

#15 ·
I have watched a bit of How I Met Your Mother. I admit I'm not too into Ted or Robin (they seem too sitcom-standard), but I love the characters that Jason Segel, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan play! Lots of injokes, great interaction between them too!

#16 ·
KC5ZRQ wrote:
The Mentalist. Hasn't everyone figured out that Patrick Jane is Red John?

No way he wacked his own family.
Well Red John, Patrick Jane's alter ego, wacked his own family. You mean you haven't noticed that Jane is always out of the scene when Red John could be doing dastardly things? And you haven't noticed that Red John, or Jane, always convinces otherwise innocent people to commit crimes for him? It's just too obvious.

...and he drives that crappy French car. Anyone that drives a car like that would probably kill his family.

#17 ·
KC5ZRQ said:
KC5ZRQ wrote:

Well Red John, Patrick Jane's alter ego, wacked his own family. You mean you haven't noticed that Jane is always out of the scene when Red John could be doing dastardly things? And you haven't noticed that Red John, or Jane, always convinces otherwise innocent people to commit crimes for him? It's just too obvious.

...and he drives that crappy French car. Anyone that drives a car like that would probably kill his family.
Humm - that would be an interesting twist. If that's the case, we won't find out until the season is over. I don't know why I'd be surprised. Worse things happen in real life.

#18 ·
KC5ZRQ said:
KC5ZRQ wrote:

Watch it Mr! You are treading upon thin ice here. :rant:

And are you making fun, indirectly maybe, of Peter Falks' Columbo character? :confused:

#19 ·
It would take me hours to post all the shows I watch. I have 3 DVR's and they are all used. I could get so much done if I didn't watch so much TV... :bill:

#21 ·
kkreit01 said:
RobtRoma said:
It would take me hours to post all the shows I watch. I have 3 DVR's and they are all used. I could get so much done if I didn't watch so much TV... :bill:
I bet your cable (or sat.) company loves you.
Not so sure about that. I forgot to pay last months bill... :bill:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.