Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new air filter for my Escape, and every auto parts store and website says that the part number for a 2010 XLT I4 is FA1696. However, my owner's manual says that the part number is FA1772, and all of those same sources say that this filter is for hybrids only, which my vehicle is definitely not.

Does anyone know why there are two different part numbers, and if I'll have any problems with the FA1696? It seems to fit fine, and it has a much more reinforced construction than the FA1772, which was seemingly in there before.

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
If it fits fine, then I think you should stick with what you got. For the reason why the #s are different... that is really weird and beyond me. Maybe a dealership tech might be of good resource?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a used 2010 escape so thought I would replace the air and cabin filter,,,the crazy thing is 3 auto stores and the local Ford Dealer did not have any in stock. This is conderning that something as common as the air filter isn't a shelf item

so watching to get the correct number and i will order one on line

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gcan said:
I just purchased a used 2010 escape so thought I would replace the air and cabin filter,,,the crazy thing is 3 auto stores and the local Ford Dealer did not have any in stock. This is conderning that something as common as the air filter isn't a shelf item

so watching to get the correct number and i will order one on line
Try RockAuto.com. That's really weird that the dealer didn't have it in stock - they must be pretty small. My local dealer had like 10 or so available.

BTW, I haven't noticed any issues with the one I got, so I guess the part numbers are interchangeable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all:

Just to clarify, indeed the 2.5L gas engine takes the Motorcraft FA-1696 and the 2.5L hybrid engine takes the Motorcraft FA-1772. I just compared them and to me they are both drastically different in width and length by about an inch give or take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.