Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone knows a good way to get rid of those ugly grey plastic panels (at the base of the doors between the tires) other than installing the Ford OEM black running boards I would love to hear some suggestions. I am thinking romik running boards if they have the right fit, but in all reality, they just hide the ugly plastic a bit, not get rid of it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You might be able to order the panels they use for the SAP or the Limited(at least I think the Limited has same body colored rocker panel). Note that the panels in the SAP are not like those you see in the pic with the same body color, but its a different panel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did think about that as well, figured it couldn't be nearly as expensive as the Ford side steps, those things are like 800 for purchase and install which is ridiculous. Does Ford have a website where you can look up those kinds of parts? The last visual I need to change are the wheels/tires and trying to go black wheels is difficult with those stupid panels.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sorry, I should have included a pic. :doh:

Here you can see the panels that come with the SAP, not sure the part # but I have a feeling you may have to paint it yourself but I dont honestly know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
JohnnyUtah said:
I did think about that as well, figured it couldn't be nearly as expensive as the Ford side steps, those things are like 800 for purchase and install which is ridiculous. Does Ford have a website where you can look up those kinds of parts? The last visual I need to change are the wheels/tires and trying to go black wheels is difficult with those stupid panels.
There are many websites you can use to look up OEM parts, but this is one I use a lot.

http://www.fordparts.com

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, and those body-colored panels look immensely better. Wonder what black panels on your silver E would do for the sport appearance. Not sure if it would look good or bad but it would definitely be unique.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hehe well, not going to do that here in Germany. But when I get back to the states I plan on getting my lil Tatsu repainted. Looking to go with a nice Yellow, keep the black parts black but add black Ford style racing stripes down the middle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
id like to get rid of the grey molding and switch it to a body colored one like the sport appearance package has. Can i get one off a mariner or tribute if i cant find one from a SAP escape?

·
Registered
80 Posts
It was my E that the post early on linked to. I found some near new take off's from a Mariner (Unfortunately they were black cherry and not my color) that I had body shop paint for me. They are the same as the SAP E's. If you're lucky enough to find a Mariner in your color that is selling a set you're good to go.

Not sure if you can get them prepainted new from Ford but two great places that are only 10% over Ford are:

http://www.tascaparts.com

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
Katscan said:
You might be able to order the panels they use for the SAP or the Limited(at least I think the Limited has same body colored rocker panel). Note that the panels in the SAP are not like those you see in the pic with the same body color, but its a different panel.
Yep....I would call these plastic bit, "rocker panel covers".

·
Registered
324 Posts
Is it rocker panel or a side skirt? Sorry if Im using the wrong terminology here :blush:

sinister mob said:
In my opinion, the silver SAP model is the hottest look of all Escapes. I love the silver and black.
Why thank you! Ive always liked a good contrast between colors. If they offered the SAP in the White I would have considered it as well. But I have a feeling why they didnt offer it as it would have looked like a Popo ride.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts