Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I noticed this morning a new unusual noise when pressing the brake pedal. Steps that produced the noise.

1. Turned car on.
2. Applied foot on brake pedal (to prepare to put car from PARK to Drive)
3. Click noise could be heard from inside the gear shift assembly (where you physically shift from park to other gear).

I could only hear the noise when I applied my foot to the brake pedal. Sounds like maybe the cable that releases the lock on the shifter is loose and banging around? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

** - I Should also note its a 2011.

I took a quick video so crank up your speakers and take a listen. Let me know what you think.... Every time you hear the noise I am putting my foot on the brake pedal.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Sounds to me like the brake pedal switch-actuator.More audible at some cars than others.A normal sound.If you still find it awkward or peculiar a stop by your dealer will take away all your worries.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SUVord said:
Sounds to me like the brake pedal switch-actuator.More audible at some cars than others.A normal sound.If you still find it awkward or peculiar a stop by your dealer will take away all your worries.
thanks for the reply... I just don't ever remember hearing it before... it's kinda loud.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Oops, sorry.I did not see the video yesterday.Now that I saw it and heard the sound...
...Forget what I said before...Nothing to do with any switch.The sound I hear seems to me like a bang when metal meets metal.Since you are under warranty take it to the dealer and they'll sort it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts