Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have a buddy of mine that works in a junkyard...he said he has a 05 Mercury Mariner in stock that has light gray leather heated seats....mmmm butt warmers :yahoo: Question....should I hold off for black leather? My interior is the gray already...maybe a darker gray. you can see in my pics on my car domain page. Will they bolt in? Please let me know!!! I want butt warmers :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yes, they will bolt in. If you want the heated seats, you might need to buy several wiring harnesses, unless you can remove them from the wrecked car.

Let me look at the diagrams so you know what you'll need to pull.

BTW, Escapes and Mariners with heated seats also include heated exterior mirrors. They don't work with the heated seats; they're just included in the same option packages.

BRB...

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet!!

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
I think the leather would be a nice addition.

Not only do you get the benefits of leather now (especially in winter) it will help when you go to sell your vehicle.

Thoughts from the "eco-friendly" wing of the site. :peace:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Wow, you might be lucky here.

Look under your driver and front passenger seats. If you see an empty 16-pin connector under each seat or inside an X-shaped cut in the carpet under the center of each seat, then you can install the heated seats with no other wiring, if the diagrams are correct. The wire that's really important is a RED with BLACK STRIPE wire on one outside corner of the driver-side connector.

If you have those connectors, and you see that wire on the driver-side connector, the only thing you'll need to add is a 30A fuse in position F10 in the fuse box (to the left front of the center console).

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I was told one time that the wiring is already there....

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
That might have been me, in another forum, far, far away.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need pictures...lol

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PS I have power seats...there is a connector already plugged into the seats.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:cuss:

Hang on.

You so owe me.

:lol:

And only your driver seat has power controls.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cbramsey said:
I think the leather would be a nice addition.

Not only do you get the benefits of leather now (especially in winter) it will help when you go to sell your vehicle.

Thoughts from the "eco-friendly" wing of the site. :peace:
Light Gray though? Will that fit my Escape?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I didn't even need to look at the diagrams. I forgot one simple little detail: your current seats are already plugged into those connectors. There's only one large connector per seat.

The connectors also contain wiring for the airbags and seat belt sensors.

Is it happy hour yet?

:wacko:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jpark said:
I didn't even need to look at the diagrams. I forgot one simple little detail: your current seats are already plugged into those connectors. There's only one large connector per seat.

The connectors also contain wiring for the airbags and seat belt sensors.

Is it happy hour yet?

:wacko:
So it's a direct bolt/direct connect?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
It sure looks that way.

Can you test the seats before you buy them? If you can, make sure that you have a 30A fuse in F10 before you test them.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I will be able to. The guy is a real close friend he knows I will settle with him if they work :)

I'm excited. He told me if I trade in my seats it will be $150...what do ya think?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Scooter Scott said:
Yeah I will be able to. The guy is a real close friend he knows I will settle with him if they work :)

I'm excited. He told me if I trade in my seats it will be $150...what do ya think?
If the seats are in excellent condition, and if you're happy with the way they look in the car, and if the heaters work, that's a bargain, IMHO.

Just think of how many more Blizzard cards you could buy me with the savings!!!

:bang:

Ouch.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JP...lite gray? Are the seats supposed to match the color of the dash or are they a different color?

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
jpark said:
Just think of how many more Blizzard cards you could buy me with the savings!!!

:bang:

Ouch.
Who said Blizzard?????

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Mmmm... Blizzards... mmm...

:p

Scooter Scott said:
JP...lite gray? Are the seats supposed to match the color of the dash or are they a different color?
I dunno. My 'scape had a Pebble interior.

Does Dasha's Mariner have a gray interior?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts