Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 2.5 FWD Silver Escape
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 2011 was forced the other day, so now the door lock is damaged so the door didn't lock with the fob or the interior lock button; since it is already damaged it could be easily opened again by another thief I took the door panel off to remove the rod so the lock could actually lock and if someone tries to force the cylinder again they wont open the door; in the process as Im obviously still angry and stressed I couldnt remove the rod the proper way so I broke the plastic piece from the cylinder that hold the rod assuming that a new cylinder will have a way to attach the rod.

My question here is, Are there upgraded door lock cylinders from aftermarket sources? Or if I replace the door lock I will be stuck again with an OEM that can be easily forced again?

Asking since I recall that whenthe cylinders weren't integrated to the door handles owners down here replaced the OEM with Mul-T-Lock or even Yale cylinders.

Im also installing an afterkarmet alarm system ASAP.

Automotive lighting Cable Font Tool Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Tire

·
Registered
2011 2.5 FWD Silver Escape
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At least they didn't break a window, or jack the ignition. Hopefully they won't be back if they didn't get anything.

buying an alarm system, you probably need to be sure it compatible with a PATS. I would recommend a paging alarm
This happened in a public parking lot at the beach so as long I dont go back there they wont come back after my car; I did disable the door cylinder to avoid new attempts by a new thief if they see it is already damaged.

I will keep looing for reinforced cylinders and make sure the alarm will work with PATS as I won't disable that option either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts