Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the next couple of weeks, I will be upgrading my vinyl/cloth XLS seat covers to all cloth XLT seat covers to fix the rips in my driver's seat. I had the seat cover replaced with the same vinyl crap four times under warranty. But since that expired in 2005, I have had no desire to shell out the dough for the same old sh!tty covers. Found on ebay XLT covers (OEM Take Off's) last week for $56 shipped to my door. Couldn't pass up the opportunity! They were delivered yesterday! Can't wait to see them when I get home on Thursday! I will be sure to post pictures of the before and after...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Did anyone over at the other site ever help you with removal instructions of the OEM seat surfaces?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope:(

Can anyone here help me? I was planning on bringing it to an upholsterer and spending $200...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Do you have heat or seat-mounted airbags?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, just the standard bucket seats. No frills whatsoever...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have removable headrests though. :bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Workin' on it. They're kinda lengthy, which is why I can't get 'em done immediately.

I'll post it in the How To forum...and they might be under another sub-forum (2001-2004) when I get that done.

How soon do you need them?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Umm whenever... no rush. I was gonna make an app't to get them done at the end of this week or next...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I just got my car back after getting the front covers replaced. After $200, the fronts are done and look GREAT! One question for all those with XLT cloth only seat covers, how well has your cloth worn? I put in seat covers from Ford's 2002 XLT model year... so no 2005 fraying junk! I now need to find a 60:40 split rear seat from a salvage yard so I can get my rear seat re-upholstered. I was wondering now, though, whether the holes for the 60:40 split rear seat are in XLS models originally with the bench seat (like mine). I don't mind drilling holes, however, I would rather not...

:horse: = I love the new smiles BTW, jpark!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will post pictures of the new interior front bucket seats this weekend if the weather holds up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. So big news in the works. I got a 60:40 rear seat yesterday from a "salvage" yard and got it installed. The factory holes were all there. One was hidden under the rug, so we cut the rug to find it. The other little bugger was under the spare tire cover. Pesky little things... Anyways, it's in! So excited to get it upholstered next week! Will post pictures when everything is done, shampooed, and the exterior washed and waxed!

:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Wow...lucky find, eh? Congrats!

Do you still need diagrams?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
JP, I think I am okay without them. I'm sorry that I made you go through all of that for nothing. But maybe someone else will need them in the future... who knows :doh:

The final total comes to $484.74

XLT Seat Covers off eBay: $55.99
Installation of Front Bucket Seat Covers at a local upholsterer: $200.00
Rear Seat from a "salvage" yard: $78.75
Installation of Rear 60:40 Seat Covers at the same upholsterer: $150.00

Not that bad. Under $500 to get rid of the vinyl crap is worth every single penny :)

Plus now I have a PERFECT rear bench seat up for grabs if anyone wants it... I'll let it go for like $20.00 if interested :?:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
jhande08 said:
JP, I think I am okay without them. I'm sorry that I made you go through all of that for nothing. But maybe someone else will need them in the future... who knows :doh:
No problem. Actually, I only had the text done for the front passenger seat. I'll probably post it anyway.

jhande08 said:
XLT Seat Covers off eBay: $55.99
Installation of Front Bucket Seat Covers at a local upholsterer: $200.00
Rear Seat from a "salvage" yard: $78.75
Installation of Rear 60:40 Seat Covers at the same upholsterer: $150.00[/b]
Getting it all done for under $500: Priceless.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now I am just afraid to sit on the seat because they are so perfect.

Like yesterday, I went to look at my subwoofers in my trunk and I really had to pee, and afterwards I thought I peed all over my interior. Paranoid, I know :censor: ...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:shock2:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What if I pee'd, jpark? What should I do to clean it up? :cry:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Cat pee remover? Woolite?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm just playing with you. I didn't pee in my car. I had pants on :bang: Any pee would have soaked into my pants not my Escape's interior, right?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Right, J P?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts