Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale, I have a set of billet aluminum upper and lower grills for 05-07 Escape. I purchased them off eBay and they had a machined aluminum finish on the front edge. I had them powder coated at a shop to gloss black and then installed them. The top grill goes in easy, just remove the original and pop in a few holes and install (the original should go back in and cover the holes from this grill). The bottom grill is somewhat difficult to install, either a two man job or just lower the bumper.

I an going to uninstall these (on my truck for about a year). Below are pics installed on my 05, more pics after I remove them. I am asking $80 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey Ajax. I have an '02. Will the top part of your grille bolt right up to mine? If so, could you give me quick directions about how to remove my old grille and install yours?

So, given the circumstances and how the lower part won't fit on my ride, would you take $50 plus shipping? I have Paypal...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure if it will fit or not jhande08, because the bumper is one of the bigger differences between the 01-04 and 05-07. The lower definitely will not fit I know. I'm not sure how to check it. Maybe measure how tall it is, and how wide...

On mine, just removing 2 or 4 bolts takes out the grill. Very easy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
So there is no cutting of the original grille to get it off? What about putting yours on? Drilling?

Anyone know if an 05 grille will fit on an 02?

·
Registered
446 Posts
So if I do a little investigation tonight, do we have a deal?

If so, can you measure the width and height of your grille (since its off your Escape?) and I will try to match that up with mine.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I haven't removed it yet. I will this weekend.

To install you have to drill 4 holes through your bumper cover (just the plastic) and all the holes are under the factory grill, so reinstalling should cover them up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
So Ajax, do we have a deal at $50?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Is it going to work for you Jhande?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm gonna do some measurements this afternoon between my 02 and an 05....

·
Registered
446 Posts
Scooter, can you take a measurement for me? I can't find any 05+ Escapes at my school. Can you measure your grille width and height? TIA...

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Will do. I can when I get home from work. Around 4est.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ajax: If I still do it, I'll be going the legit way and getting the correct one for my model year. Good luck with the sale. I think Scooter wants a crack at it. I can't wait to see pictures of it on his Escape :)

From one BEAUTIFUL Escape to ANOTHER...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's probebly for the best, I don't think the bumpers quite match up, so the grill won't fix exactly right. I'll get it off today and post the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Anyone got any thoughts how it would look on my sexy black Escape?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
That's right. You heard me :)

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One reason I bought it was because it bothered me that there was no lower radiator protection. I had it powdercoated since I didn't think the polished aluminum would look good. It would give you a "blacked out" look, you would probebly want to remove the V6 emblem though....

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I was actually thinking of putting the Ford Emblem back on it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I wouldn't do that, Scooter. At least for me, the reason I want a new grille is to black out the front and remove that pesky emblem

1 - 20 of 33 Posts