Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I like showing off that I have a Ford :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Do you know anyone with a newer model Escape? If so, you could just measure and compare their grille to yours. :))

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Yeah, that's what I would do...take some careful measurements, and then try to find any 2005-2007 Escape, even if you have to go to a used-car lot. The external dimensions should be significantly different. The part numbers I gave you in another thread show that there are definitely different parts for the 2001-2004 XLS, the 2001-2004 XLT/Limited, and all 2005-2007 models.

The Trademotion/Parts.com database, while pretty extensive, is also full of bugs and incomplete information. For example, the Mountaineer was listed under Ford. I e-mailed them about a year ago, they changed it to Mercury, and then four months later, it was back under Ford. And they STILL don't have parts info for the 2008 Escape and Mariner. I gave up with them.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I was actually going to still try and get this from Ajax if that is cool Jhande.

·
Registered
446 Posts
No problem Scoot

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok sorry I've been busy guys, I'm just looking for boxes for both the grill set and nerf bars (much more difficult). Will be ready to ship soon!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Check is in the mail Ajax! Thanks! Now ship that thing out I want to do the install!

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Sold! :wave:

Scooter Scott, I'll PM you with the tracking number.

Thanks for the interest everyone ;)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Got the grills in today and installed them. They look sweet on the Escape. I will put pics up sometime tomorrow while I am doing nothing at work :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Cant wait Scoot!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts