Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My 03' Escape is hesitating when I start it. It is not cold out, and has started with much less effort in colder weather. Once started, and in park as well as drive (with brakes fully applied) the vehicle idles between 0-1200 RMPS, it chuggs making the vehicle rock backwards and forwards. I went in for an oil change today and the mechanics said it was possibly the Fuel Filter... would these by signs that the Fuel Filter needs to be replaced?

[mod]Moved to Problems And Solutions.[/mod]

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Is your engine light on?

If it is the fuel filter, the problem should get worse at higher RPMs. I'm thinking it could be a misfire.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Squishy said:
Moved to Problems and Solutions

Is your engine light on?

If it is the fuel filter, the problem should get worse at higher RPMs. I'm thinking it could be a misfire.
Yes, the engine light is on.
Ugh, that dreaded word. When I bought the vehicle it has a misfire which I got fixed. I hope it's not another one... ERRR.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Squishy said:
Get the code read and it will tell you what is wrong; then it is easier to find the cause.
Tried to get the code read today, but both the Mr. Lube and other garage said it was a "dealer code" and they couldn't read it. Something about it starting with a 0 ???

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
The ones with a '1' as the second character are manufacturer-specific codes, but I think the code readers will still be able to display the code - just not the definition.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Squishy said:
The ones with a '1' as the second character are manufacturer-specific codes, but I think the code readers will still be able to display the code - just not the definition.
Sorry, that is what I meant. They were able to get the code, but not what the code meant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.