Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2005 limited V6 4x4 i am getting a drive line vibration when accelerating between 20-30mph after 30 its gone and is smooth as can be. I have read some older post about replacing the front Ujoint so i did and no change whats so ever. any ideas

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Have you had your tires rotated and balanced lately? I once had a tire that was about to throw a tread, that acted similarly. It's a cheap thing to check out. Next I'd think CV joints, then drive shaft to the rear end. You do have a 4 X 4, no?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tires are in pretty good shape. Havent had them balanced though. Its weird because the vibration peaks at 25mph At express way speeds 75-80 its rides smooth as can be. Yes it is 4WD.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
check the tire balance and maybe drive shaft balance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well....i rotated the front tires to the rear and the front vibration is gone. It was a tire issue all along. This is the first time i had a tire vibrate at such low speeds, its always been 55mph or faster. Thanks for all of the advice!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i thought i had the problem fixed.....I just got new tires put on today and the same vibration is back! This time when it starts to vibrate at 25 you let off the gas and it goes away back on the gas and its back. I have no idea...i thought i had this problem solved... :wall:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Did they balance the wheels after they put on the new tires?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah they balanced the tires theres weights on the inside and outside of the rim. I guess i have to pop off the drive shaft just to rule it out. I just cant believe it after 30mph all the way up to 75-80 runs smooth as can be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is an older post, but I had the same vibrating issue on my '08 XLT V6 that started up around 25k miles or so. I had the same symptoms where the car would vibrate in the 25-35mph range. It was worse while braking. In my case it turned out that my rotors were pretty warped. I had a '94 F-150 that also had a bad habit of warping the rotors. (Probably my fault for not letting them cool and then washing it.) Regardless, the dealer turned the rotors for me and it went away.

-Drew

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Yeap! Warped rotors tend to do that at these speeds.
Now, if similar symptom occurs while accelerating at higher speeds especially going uphill, then the culprit is the inside CV joint of one of the front half shafts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts