Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Brent, Latan and escapedtroy. Even though i regard victoria as having peculiarities, my sympathy and support is with them ,in context of their major bushfire tragedy. My state of Sth. Australia has shown support for our bordering state of " Victoria".

Our local CFS, has sent over our bushfire helicopter to assist them. Correct me if i'm wrong, but our helicopter is referred to as a water bomber. It is specially fitted out for fire fighting conditions out in the bush land.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
I saw on TV about the bushfires in Australia. I hope the situation there improves soon.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your Brush Fires down under. Our Moutain Snow Shed is less than half what it should be for this time of year. It looks as though it could turn out to be a bad summer for WILD LAND FIRES here. :cuss:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response JIMMYJOHN and CBramsey. I allways leave home early when driving to work. Shall listen to the news on car radio. The media will have some type of progress report.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i can only hope that the death toll doesnt rise too much more i mean its so farken high atm
and a massive thank you to all the emergency servicess from every where that are helping the vics.
we live in a crazy country one end is burning the other is flooded.

R.I.P all whom have passed.

cheers

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I was watching "The Weather Channel" here in the states and they ran a segment on the fires. They called it the worst natural disaster to hit Australia in a generation. Devastating... I'm praying that it can be controlled soon and for those that lost their lives...

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I saw the piece about the fires on the news just a few minutes ago. I sure hope they cautch the people who are responsiable for them

GOD BE WITH ALL THE FOLKS AFFECTED BY THESE FIRES

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I just read this morning that they are calling this arson. I hope they catch the :censor: that started this....

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Hope things turn around soon for our Aussie friends. I feel your pain...2003 and 2007 were devastating years for us in SD, we evacuated both times. Not the loss of life you have though. People just don't think! :wall:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Saw the BBC news report about the fires today, was moved to tears when they interviewed people who had lost family members to this terrible event.
And then, to hear from the Australian PM that it was most likely arsonists that have caused so many people to go through this trauma, well, words :censor: fail me :shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Saw the BBC news report about the fires today, was moved to tears when they interviewed people who had lost family members to this terrible event.
And then, to hear from the Australian PM that it was most likely arsonists that have caused so many people to go through this trauma, well, words :censor: fail me :shrug:
+1 Camus!

·
Registered
232 Posts
from an aussie i and im sure we apprectiate ur kind words.
the worst thing is atm the police still cant acess some of the burnt out towns so the death toll is still and may still rise above 200, god i hope not.
the major fires have died a little but only because the weather is a little cooler but by no means is this area out of danger yet i may take weeks they reckon.
can i just ask all the aussies on hear to make a donation for the appeals happening at the moment, it doenst matter how small it all helps.
thank you

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
aGAIN TOP STORY ON OUR NEWS TODAY WAS THE fIRES dOWN uNDER. iT IS SO SAD THE DEATH TOLL IS GOING UP.
My prayers are with all you folks down there.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
From myself as well. It's terrible what you all are going through down there.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I sure hope they get all these fires under control soon. The distruction is out of this world.

What about Oklahoma and their Winter Tornadio Tell me the weather patterns arn't changing all around the world!!! :topic:

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I recieved an Email from FEMA and dept. of HLS warning Volunteer Fire and EMS about possiable AlCida acts around the world of starting WILD LAND FIRES :cuss: :censor:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
JIMMYJOHN said:
I recieved an Email from FEMA and dept. of HLS warning Volunteer Fire and EMS about possiable AlCida acts around the world of starting WILD LAND FIRES :cuss: :censor:
Oh dear God !!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts