Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just seeing if there are any local installers in the North Jersey area on the board installing the new Viper Responder systems. I want to install myself, but know that there are a few nuances that a prof. installer can do much more efficiently than I (immobilizer, diode placement, etc). So if anyone here has taken on this project, and/or knows of a reputable shop in the North Jersey area, please let me know. Also, if anyone here from anywhere has access to sell the system and can maybe walk through what I would need to do the install I'd appreciate talking with you. I'd buy the system from you and any needed accessories. Please PM, or post back here.

I want to install either the 5901 Responder LC3or 5902 Responder HD.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, I appreciate all the feedback I've received. I purchased the Viper Responder 5901 and installed myself this weekend. Hit I few snags along the way but pushed through. I wish it ended a little better as it appears that the alarm brain may have crapped itself. I installed the remote start portion on Sat and all was well. Finished up the rest of the connections on Sun, checked the RS throughout the day, fine. Buttoned everything up and tried the remote start, nothing. Needless to say I spent some time looking things over, called DEI tech support today and they agreed that it's gotta be a faulty module. Everything else works great, just no signal to crank the engine over. All in all it was a great first time experience. Hopefully the vendor I purchased through will come through and replace as I am asking.

I would also like to send out a special thanx to Mike aka Studmonkey for all of his excellent support. I reached out to him early on and he answered all my questions and got me through a few hairy moments. I think I even taught him something at one point. Thanx again Mike, dunno if I would've made it without you (I think I would still be working on her).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts