Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A damaged inlet hose that looks like it was "repaired" in its former life, does anybody know how to get this hose off of there?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
A plasma torch or a really good knife? haha. Sorry, that probably didn't help, but I couldn't help but react to the interesting patch up job. My ex had a Chevy Malibu and to fix a radiator hose leak, they cut a rubber hose over it and put five layers of duct tape over it. Hey, according to the repair history, it had been done over five year before she bought it and it works fine. :lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tang said:
A plasma torch or a really good knife? haha. Sorry, that probably didn't help, but I couldn't help but react to the interesting patch up job. My ex had a Chevy Malibu and to fix a radiator hose leak, they cut a rubber hose over it and put five layers of duct tape over it. Hey, according to the repair history, it had been done over five year before she bought it and it works fine. :lol:
[email protected] Ductape! My friend used duct tape to fix everything that leaked under her cars hood including the valve covers (she has an old saturn ion) She used duct tape to seal them up and it never leaked again and to make a instant pan gasket for her Ions tranny she took some cheapo craft felt from walmart, cut it out in the shape of the gasket and wrapped it up with high-heat duct tape and it worked fine lol no kidding, i know this bec i used to help her with her car.
:topic:

Since ltl'red is still in warranty i went to the ford dealer to have this checked out today. The shop was packed as usuall but the service manager (who i happen to get along with well and has actually been a big help to me) asked one of the mechanics to stop what he was doing to look at my car. He pulled off the shield and looked and asked the service manager to pull up the escapes' service records (it was bought from another ford dealership by its original owners) and the records stated the tranny was serviced (flushed i guess). Apparently whoever did the flush broke the hose and epoxied it back together without the owners knowing it. Anyway the part wont be in until next week so since its all covered under warranty ill have them do the fluid change and put the hose in (which requires removing the infamous front bumper which i dont feel like doing anyway lol).
For the time being they agreed with me to wrap it with 90mph duct tape, and i happened to have some in the escape so i had them do it...all done for free.
its a FORD---Fix Or Repair Daily lol

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
or Fixed Oddly by Renegade Dealerships.... talk about a strange repair. Glad it worked out though! Sounds like the other dealership is going to get :spank: ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts