Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I have a 2003 Ford Escape with the v6. The water pump bypass hose has sprung a leak. I called around (up in Canada) and have been told that I must get this from a Ford Stealership. Called them and was told it's $57.00 plus shipping, none of the dealerships in Winnipeg have them in stock so it's a special order!!
Has anyone found them at an aftermarket store? Let me know.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Where is the leak? I had a water pump bypass hose on a car years ago that split, so I cut into two pieces, placed a coupling into the gap and clamped both of the new ends. I think I sold that car about five years and 120K miles later with the repair still in place. If it's at an angle you could get a piece of non-formed hose and do a loop around to make the turn. I would be a loop, but you would have a repair that would be substantial, as opposed to making do...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The leak is in the hose itself.
The hose is about 6.5" long, is a sort of "S" shape and goes over a different sized fitting on each end!! :cuss: :cuss:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Like I said, loop it up and around, and do what I did only using two differing sizes of hose at either end. The middle coupling, that you provide, can do the transition. Go to the plumbing dept at your local hardware store and buy the transition. All these hoses, coupling, and four different hose clamps should run you less than $10. If your worried about the hose slipping off the coupling, flare the ends. Home Depot has a flare tool for about $5...Still inexpensive. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an update. I ended up using 1 piece of 5/8" and 1 piece of 3/4" hose with a copper union to join the pieces together and hose clamps. Works great and the total cost was $8.82 before tax.
:yahoo:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.