Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Escape Limited 3.0 V6, new to the forum

Is there a weep hole that leaks when the water pump is going out ? If so, where is it, and can you tell if it is going bad without dumping the coolant and removing a bunch of hoses?

The rubber hose coming down out of the water pump is wet (dripping at the bottom). I can't see if it is coming from the clamp or above the clamp.

What do I need to do (remove) to be able to see if it is coming from the water pump and not just the hose connection.

It looks like a lot of stuff in the way, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I found the how to remove the water pump, viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18
but I'm hoping I don't have to drain the system and remove the other hoses, just to see where it is leaking.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found this thread, that seems to be the same issue. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=642&p=12864&hilit=water+pump#p12864

Like the poster above, in my case it is not the pump, but the rubber hose that connects between the water pump and a 5/8" hard line that wraps around the catalytic converter and then connects to the oil filter cooler by another rubber hose.

I have not removed the hose yet, but according to the earlier post, the hose is a different size on the water pump side than at the hardline side. I attempted to put a caliper on the hard line and it looks like 5/8" OD, but it was not easy to reach up there from under the front, and that measurement could be off.

I could still use some help with a part number or source for the hose. (other than a dealer)

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
This would be a helpful post because my friend who recently did a routine maintenance on his ford, discovered that he also has a leak on the water pump. Based from the pictures, you and my friend has the similar spot where the leak is falling into. Well, my friend is looking for a DIY how to troubleshoot it and I think this thread and the link you posted would be a good guide of car water pump for him. Anyway, thanks for sharing it. :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts