Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 08 Marainer used. and the dealer didn't know the code. None of the paper work has it. I know that on some of the older fords the code is marked on the control module ( Explorers) Is it the same for the Marainer. Or am I screwed and have to get the dealer to find it (costing $$$$$$)
I couldn't find anything searching. Maybe I didn't search right or something.

Please help

Tim

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
If memory serves me there is a key/ignition sequence involved using both of your keys to reset the code. Perhaps your dealer will do it for free or a small fee.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Actually, the 5-digit code should be printed on the label of the Smart Junction Box, under the front of the center console.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you pass the along the solution? I'm in the same fix, bought from a private party and no code given. I looked all around the front of the console and behind the fuse panel with a mirror and can't see anything that looks like a "smart junction box". Do I have to remove the console to find it? All I see is mainly ducting and framework.

Skip some of the above, I found that it's the same as the fuse box. Now the question is, is the code written there? I'll have to look more closely with a mirror and maybe find it unless someone has a tip. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
jerrybb said:
Can you pass the along the solution? I'm in the same fix, bought from a private party and no code given. I looked all around the front of the console and behind the fuse panel with a mirror and can't see anything that looks like a "smart junction box". Do I have to remove the console to find it? All I see is mainly ducting and framework.

Skip some of the above, I found that it's the same as the fuse box. Now the question is, is the code written there? I'll have to look more closely with a mirror and maybe find it unless someone has a tip. Thanks for any help.
What year is your Escape? As far as I know, the Smart Junction Box is not the same as the fuse box. On my '10, the fuse box is located at the center passenger kick panel beneath the climate control stuff, while the SJB is located under the center console.

For 08+ vehicles, the code is not printed anywhere - you have to get it scanned at the dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe that's the answer (the one I didn't want to hear), there is no printed tag. Mine is a 2010 XLT, I've looked just about everywhere, googled for the answer and found lots for other cars but not this one specifically. Looked with a mirror all around the fuse box on the passenger side, under drivers dash, pulled out the top vent setup over the radio...found nothing anywhere. I'll poke around the net some more but it doesn't look good. I have to go to the dealer anyway for a TSB to lower the trans fluid for towing, maybe they'll give me a break on the code. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts