Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we made it from Virginia Beach, VA to Salem, OR. It came out to a little over 3,500 miles and 8 days with all the stops.
Damage total:
-One cracked windshield on moving truck end to end. They didn't check it when I returned the truck. Had insurance anyway.
-One cracked windshield on the Escape about 5" long. Damn. :wall:
-One crushed microwave when everything shifted. The glass plate inside made it all the way to our storage unit, then I dropped it.
-Bottom of 30 gal. fish tank busted
-My sons dresser shelf had the screws bust through cracking the wood.
-Roof of the moving truck had a bed rail go through it. Oops. Again, they didn't check it.

All in all, I guess it could have been worse. We managed to avoid bad weather and had a relatively smooth drive. I'll try and get some pics up once everything settles down. Still trying to get my bearings and adjust to the 3 hour time difference.

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Glad you made it safe and sound. Good luck with the unpacking...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
megascape said:
We are now neighbors, well sort of. i'm about 3.5 hours away..
X2 :rockon:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
Glad to hear your traveling was (almost) without incident. JJ is right. The other stuff can be replaced.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's a couple of pictures. My wife was doing most of the picture taking. There's not very many due to us staring at the scenery and not thinking "hey, we should get a picture of this." :doh:

The Escape and the Penske

:frozen:

And the damage

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
LEO_Escape said:
Here's a couple of pictures. My wife was doing most of the picture taking. There's not very many due to us staring at the scenery and not thinking "hey, we should get a picture of this." :doh:

The Escape and the Penske

:frozen:

And the damage
Thanks for the photos!. :thumb:
Good to hear you arrived safely.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
All of your pictures are great :thumb: Thanks for posting those. :)
Very sorry to hear about all of the mishaps, but as others have said, the safety of you and your family is all that really matters. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
--Bummer about the furniture and windshield etc.
Sounded like a real adventure though. Nice Photos too.
Arriving there safely is what really counts
My youngest brother lives up the interstate from you in Scappoose.
He's a retired United Airlines mechanic and moved there from Torrance a few years ago.
He just loves fishing and hunting.
The river is down the road from him and he's out there in nice weather hooking salmon.
You can see Mt. St Helens from his back yard.
Hope you enjoy your new state and new home too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to the beautiful Pacific Northwest! We too are neighbors. Glad you made the trip safe. I will have to make a similar trek when my girlfriend moves to Portland, OR from New Hampshire. That will be a fun drive.

JD

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
And remind me again why you made this drive...

I've never been to Oregon and really appreciate the photos. Some very nice scenery, I can see why you wouldn't think to stop and take a few. Although with the advent of digital cameras we just click away now at anything and everything. Keep what we like and file away the rest with some notes attached. Maybe the next time we look at them we will want a copy after all. ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm relocating out here for a change of scenery. My wife has family out here that also helped with the financial part of the move. She's been wanting to move back out here for a while and I've been wanting to move out of Virginia Beach. Seemed like a good compromise. I'll never move that far again though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts